Full Time, 40 Hours
£33,000 - £36,000
To produce and lead all catering services at the required times to the company's standards, within the agreed specification and to the agreed performance, qualitative and financial targets.
To take responsibility for the kitchen always and delegate when needed specific tasks to other team members.
To take responsibility for The Hawkhills event menus and kitchen management of all functions.
What you'll need to do the role
- Ensure the prompt provision and efficient service of all meals and catering requirements at the specified time to the standards laid down in the KPI's.
- Review seasonal offers for delegates and event menu choices for the Hawkhills every 6months and all menus for service -breakfast lunch and dinner
- To advise FOH staff and Chefs on service and presentation of food and counter layouts
- To cover any sickness, holidays, absence within the unit wherever necessary within the kitchen and to oversee rosters both front and back of house on a weekly basis
- To be available for function work at weekends when required and produce rotas accordingly
- Ensure that the Company's accountancy, documentation, and administration procedures are carried out in line with the Serco Management System (SMS) and that the necessary weekly & monthly returns are completed accurately and transmitted at the appointed time or despatched manually.
- Ensure that all costs and expenditure are within the budgeted levels agreed. Control all costs such as labour, expenses, cash purchases as agreed with your line manager.
- Maintain levels of stock, cash, local credit and debt outstanding to the agreed establishment targets.
- Ensure that methods of preparation, production and presentation comply with Serco standards and procedures
- Ensure all temperature records and Company procedures are adhered to and signed on a weekly basis
- Obtain purchases from Serco nominated suppliers and be accountable for all stock levels across EPC Hospitality
What do I need to do the job?
- Industry acumen and knowledge of external catering developments & innovations
- Strong financial understanding and demonstrable budgeting management
- Experienced in adhering to and driving company initiatives
- Personal innovation and passion
- Demonstrative customer focus and service skills
- Strong communication, and negotiation skills, ability to lead a team.
- Experience working in a standards /compliance environment
- Relevant qualification and training
- IT literate
- Relevant experience in 5-star environment
Whilst every effort has been made to ensure details of this job description are correct due to the varied requirements of the Hospitality and Support services industry this cannot be exhaustive
Therefore, the jobholder may be required form time to time to carry out other tasks as required by Management in order to meet the operational needs of the business
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
Up to 6% contributory pension scheme.
Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
The chance to make a positive difference to the wider public.
Interesting, varied and enjoyable work.
A company that recognises your contribution.