Join us as Head of API Management
- Lead a function that is a key contributor to the digitisation strategy of the banking, borrowing and invest services targeted to Affluent and High Net Worth clients of the bank
- Take on a critical leadership role in which you’ll be accountable for the API platform that enables the various Wealth customer journeys and business functions
- We’ll look to you to set priorities as well as the strategic direction of the team
- This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced manager to share their subject matter expertise and help shape the future direction of the function
- Drive the charge in maturing the Agile ways and DevOps way of working within the department
What you'll do
As Head of API Management, you’ll own and create the platform technical roadmap with the right architecture, solutions and commercial value. You’ll also effectively manage the tensions inherent in working through the implementation of competing customer priorities with the right business domain teams and business product owners.
We’ll look to you to be making sure that project deliverables can achieve customer goals, within a well-considered total cost of ownership, as well as making sure that the reputation of the bank is built, safeguarded, and kept foremost in the mind, while interacting with all stakeholders.
You’ll also be:
- Accountable for the technical architecture and design of the API platform and the alignment to domain and enterprise roadmaps and targets
- Delivering, owning and maintaining the platform operational stability and performance of technology
- Making sure that work done is aligned to the principles of software development across the bank
- Delivering architectural and functional improvements that will have a positive impact on our technology estate and business
- Understanding and incorporating requirements originating from the programmes in which the project team is involved
- Influencing delivery plans and coordinating delivery across multiple projects and deliverables
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for an Agile and DevOps practitioner with experience in leading and managing development team. You’ll bring experience in developing and supporting APIs at scale, along with good knowledge of solution architecture and experience working with toolsets that enable delivery life cycle automation.
We’ll also look for experience in driving change through to a successful conclusion and the ability to influence at all levels.
You’ll also bring:
- Experience of working in a cloud hosted environment
- Track record in leading a technology function covering both system development and business as usual activities
- Good knowledge of technical architecture and the functionality of applications used to support the business
- Experience of working in a dynamic environment often with shifting priorities
- The ability to quickly understand and be familiar with complex systems
- The ability to navigate a matrix organisation and work in a cross functional, multinational and geographically dispersed team