About the role
Head of Assets and Estates
£95,000 - £109,000 + Car + Bonus + Pension + BUPA + ShareSave + 6.6 weeks holiday
Southampton, Store Support Office
We believe anyone can improve their home to make life better. From our Southampton Store Support office (SSO) we equip our stores, our people, and our whole business with everything it takes to help our millions of customers create a home they'll love. Join us as a Head of Assets and Estates and you'll be a big part of this.
You'll lead the Assets & Estates Team for B&Q UK and Ireland, providing strategic leadership & effective management, ensuring high quality customer focussed delivery of full lifecycle property services - site identification, appraisal, acquisition, estate and asset management through to disposal. To leverage our property partnerships and outsourced professional services teams and collaborate with all internal stakeholders to deliver services that support meeting B&Q's business objectives - reshaping the portfolio through a combination of space optimisation and expansion whilst actively managing the cost base.
- Apply long-term thinking and vision in our approach to developing and managing our property assets with the necessary financial controls and reporting in place to support
- Develop leading market relationships to enable B&Q to be located in the best locations that meet the ambitions of the business in terms of market share and customer reach
- Develop and implement strategies for the acquisition of new space for existing and new formats working with landlords, developers, other retailers, property services consultants and the wider commercial property market
- Pro-actively manage the existing B&Q estate to evolve with the customer needs, optimise performance and secure risks through leasehold and freehold acquisition and managing unproductive space through asset management techniques
- Minimise property outgoings (currently circa £500m), recover income from tenants and manage the property portfolio to enable stores to trade to their maximum capability minimising the impact of lease and other restrictions
- Inspire, coach and support team members to encourage their personal development, nurture their aspirations and demonstrate continuous improvement. Ensuring the right people are in the right role and create an environment where people are fully engaged and committed to producing outstanding results for the business
- Lead the team pro-actively, provide clear engaging communication, work collaboratively with the senior leaders of the business and deliver a customer centric property service that supports the business strategy for growth
Required skills & experience
- Proven expertise in developing and executing property strategies ensuring successful delivery
- Demonstrable leadership skills with an ability to vary leadership style to engage others creating loyalty within own function and build credibility and respect with other functions
- Wealth of experience and strong reputation in the commercial and retail property market with knowledge of fundamental theories, principles and concepts in relation to property and with in-depth knowledge of property law, contract law and other appropriate legislation
- Evidence of strong communication skills and ability to influence people at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to use commercial judgment and experience to balance risk, resolve conflicts of interest and make tough decisions to support long term business benefit
- Strong negotiation skills, with an ability to create strong arguments that challenges existing thinking and practice in the contest of the broader business environment
- Strong customer service focus to ensure great communication and timely delivery of service
What's in it for me?
As well as a competitive salary, our benefits package includes an award-winning pension scheme, car, bonus, ShareSave options, 6.6 weeks holiday, payroll giving, an Employee Assistance Programme, shopping discounts, colleague wellbeing benefits and lots more!
As part of a great team, you'll be supported to grow and encouraged to explore new career directions within the business and the wider group. And, because you'll be inspiring great things for our customers and the whole business, you'll do work worth caring about.
We want to ensure that all employees, future employees and applicants to all Kingfisher companies are treated equally regardless of age, gender, marital or civil partnership status, colour, ethnic or national origin, culture, religious belief, philosophical belief, political opinion, disability, gender identity, gender expression or sexual orientation.
Find out more about us, including the benefits we offer and our community, sustainability and inclusion projects at bandqcareers.com.
If you require any additional support or adjustments to help you make an application, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org