Head of Business Information | United Kingdom MOD | GB11850
The role of Head of Business Information is BU centric. The KNAD BU operates contracts across a blue chip client base including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and providing Storage, Distribution and Freight to the UK Armed Forces, via a teaming relationship with Leidos, a US defence company. The customer service ethic is to ensure the delivery of product wherever and whenever; the BU seeks to achieve this by using cutting-edge technology, in-house expertise and constantly driving continuous improvement.
The plan is to grow the BU and this role will be a focal point for the provision of management Information along with driving source data collection and understanding. This is to ensure the leadership team makes informed decisions, while allowing KNAD to enter the customers design space to ensure both retention and growth.
- Plan, develop and implement where necessary MI and data requirements to meet the operational objectives and performance targets of the BU.
- Manage the interface between customer MI teams and the Leadership Group on behalf of the BU. Link KPI reporting and contractual requirements and represent the company in streamlining and KPI value discussions.
- Attend relevant customer and internal KN meetings. Either as SME, driver for change, or in support of SLT functions.
- Provide gap analysis between new data and old data requirements. Map and review current processes within MI and Data related operations and interfaces.
- Lead and develop the MOD contract MI team through effective leadership including succession planning and skills training.
- Ensure quality and timeliness of MI, prioritising and reprioritising your team's workload and assisting in the improvement in operational speed/productivity through team and requirements management.
- Work closely with the Finance team to ensure provisions or understanding is in place regarding contract performance.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Successful experience of managing relationships at the most senior levels of an organisation
- Management and delivery of wide reaching resources, including people and your departmental budget
- Essential knowledge of performance management metrics/techniques
- Experience of annual planning processes and monitoring/reporting on delivery
- Leading to improve organisational capability
- Strong analytical and business skills, with the ability to manage details, and to know when each is important. Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- High creative thinking and practical problem-solving skills
GOOD REASON TO JOIN
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you're rewarded for your commitment and expertise. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.
ABOUT KUEHNE + NAGEL
With over 82,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies.
As an employer, Kuehne + Nagel stands for equal opportunity and we are committed to diversity in our teams with regard to people with disabilities. We believe that you can make a valuable contribution to Kuehne + Nagel and look forward to receiving your application.