As part of the world's largest contract caterer, Compass Group UK&I operates multiple brands in the education, business, healthcare, government, defence, sports and leisure industries where we provide both food and soft facilities management services. The Business Solutions team are responsible for design, build and system test across a suite of enterprise applications to shape solutions that can support our business and add value to the services we provide.
We're looking to hire a Head of Business Solutions to join our busy Digital & Technology function. You will align the Digital & Technology (D&T) vision with the Group IT strategic vision where appropriate, always ensuring the D&T Business strategy can be achieved. You will responsible for providing necessary core Infrastructure and Application technology solutions to D&T whilst driving innovation in the Business Solutions team via technology initiatives that support the D&T business strategy.
- Strategy, Planning & Communication
- Translate technical subject matter into clear business value for non-technical stakeholders including Sector MD's.
- Simplify core application, technology Infrastructure and platform with a broker not build mentality.
- Provide input into strategic technological planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing initiatives and co-ordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future technologies
- Lead a team of Internal Application Developers, SAP SME's and External 3 rd Party Suppliers and direct application development and unit testing
Acquisition & Deployment
- Provide consultancy (internally or externally provided) to determine and communicate risks associated with technology investments in line with Demand to Delivery process.
- Support Business Partners to develop business case and cost/benefit analyses for all proposed technology investments.
- Define requirements for new technology implementations and communicate them to key business stakeholders
- Define and communicate corporate procedures, policies and standards for the organisation for acquiring, implementing enterprise application software and other technologies.
- Act as a liaison for the company's application technology vision for the D&T Senior Management team
- Create a culture of quality, agility and high performance enabling the company to attract, develop and retain outstanding talent
- Provide leadership and technical guidance & support for resources within your team.
- Ensure that the speed and quality of product development continually improves
- Support all functions within the technology team to ensure growth of knowledge and skills.
- Remain up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding Compass D&T industry trends and emerging technologies in anticipation of new business processes and system alterations.
- Improve upon technology standards across the company to establish a technological and competitive edge within the market.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 10+ years' experience successfully managing and/or directing application development teams
- 10+ years' experience working in the Information Services Industry
- Experience of applying application architecture principles in a Commercial environment
- Demonstrable experience in strategic technology planning, execution, and policy development
- Solid understanding of computer systems characteristics, features, and integration capabilities
- Extensive knowledge of data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems
- Extensive knowledge and experience of SAP
- Commercially astute with excellent commercial experience, encompassing general management, budget management and vendor management
- Proven experience in planning, organisation, and development
- Demonstrated ability to apply technology solutions to business challenges
- Ability to perceptively challenge the status quo
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills - able to effectively engage a non-technical audience on key technical solutions
- Creative thinker - able to develop innovative solutions
- Naturally collaborative with wider IT, 3 rd parties and Business teams
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families