Job Title: Head of Business Strategy, Planning & Performance
Location: UK Flexible - Hook, Hampshire
Competitive salary with leadership benefits and incentives
The Head of Business Strategy, Planning and Performance is accountable for the management and delivery of an efficient, effective, professional and comprehensive Planning and Performance Management team across the new Customer, Professional and Employment Services business unit. Due to ambitious growth plans, this role is required to ensure that strategic decisions on propositions are made by the business unit and communicated effectively to Business Development for execution.
The role is accountable for setting the policy for Customer, Professional and Employment Services and engaging business partners and oversees compliance with the policy. (Operational service delivery is managed on a day-to-day basis by the Service Lines such as Employability and Skills or Local Government or managed by the business unit leadership team directly).
Manages the business unit's Shared Services team, which is responsible for delivering various services to the CPES business unit, including: Communications; Vendor and Partner management; Management Information; Data management and Workforce planning.
This role is a key member of the Senior Leadership & Management Teams, a focal point working across CPES to define the strategy for the business unit and the capabilities required, ensuring services are benchmarked and strategic plans are in place for development of the services. Develop plans for the future of the services, and identify performance or compliance issues from delivery, and identify potential improvements to services.
This role will also be responsible for evaluating and reporting to the CPES Business Unit Senior Leadership Team and providing them with assurance on the arrangements for performance management, quality assurance in pursuit of the delivery of business plans, continual service improvement and agreed contractual services to customers.
What you need to do the role
- Management of internal service delivery (i.e. shared service delivery) and strong people management experience.
- Performance Measurement, Contract Performance Reporting and Governance Management including benefits tracking and modelling.
- Experience of Risk and Quality Management Systems along with leadership of compliance and conformance audits and assessments, including the development of service development measures and plans.
- A management qualification - Business Studies / Quality Management, Governance or equivalent and a Degree or equivalent level of experience.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Leadership pension scheme
- Car allowance
- up to 30% bonus
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, plus the chance to buy more with our Annual Leave Purchase Scheme.
- Serco discounts which include cinema, Merlin Entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Flexible/agile working environments.
- The chance to make a positive difference to public sector services at a company passionate about diversity and inclusion.
If you think this role would suit you, working in an exciting and challenging environment with like-minded individuals, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV and covering letter.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco, you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and in@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens, we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required)