We are O2, the commercial brand of Telefonica UK Limited, a leading digital communications company owned by Telefonica S.A. We put our 25 million UK customers at the heart of everything we do, so we can use our technology to connect them to the experiences they live for.
And just like our customers, we open up exciting possibilities for our employees too. Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. These are just some of the reasons to join us.
We're always on the lookout for great talent, and we're all about inclusivity. We want to be a true reflection of our customers and their communities, to help us make the best decisions. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.What do the team do?
The central Strategy team plays a critical role in identifying and developing new ways to create value for Telef nica UK by defining and ensuring execution of winning strategies across each aspect of the business.
The Capability and Platform team sits within this and is focused on translating the strategies into short, medium and long term capability and platform models and roadmaps that can be delivered in order to achieve the strategy. How will you fit into this?
Reporting to our Director of Strategy, this is a critical senior leadership position. You will work with TEF UK Board members, senior management teams and other TEF units to develop and maintain the capability roadmap for TEF UK, and then effectively communicate its ongoing value to TEF UK.Some of the more specific responsibilities:
What we need from you:
- Identify the key current and future (3-5 years) strategic capability (people, process, technology & data) and platform priorities and opportunities within our business and how they underpin the broader strategic ambition and goals
- Where required, this includes defining and influencing the TUK Operating Model
- Apply fresh, innovative thinking to the capability development in TUK through external insight, considering alternative approaches to challenge existing assumptions and leading by example in the application of TEF values
- Identify appropriate capability and platform options and recommendations for TUK to achieve its strategic goals
- Play a Leadership role in influencing and supporting the strategy formulation
- Leading by example in the application of TUK behaviours and values
- Significant enterprise-wide Business Architecture experience relevant to large scale businesses (e.g. tier 1 global Telco operation, Global technology operation)
- Strong understanding of the telecoms market and digital services
- Strong track record of developing and using Business Architectural models (e.g. Business Model Canvas, Business Capability Model, Operating Model Frameworks) in order to create options and recommendations that deliver strategies or solve highly complex business challenges
- Credible and effective communicator and influencer at all levels of business, with credibility at Exec / Board level
- Strong understanding of technology and business models
- Experience of identifying and leveraging disruptive technologies
- Exceptional clarity of thought, with the ability to communicate complex models through simple written and oral presentations and to a varied audience
- Excellent team-working, collaborative and interpersonal skills, building positive relationships across the business and broader group
- Strong ability to influence multiple-senior stakeholders, internal and external, and proactively and positively negotiate differing agendas to achieve alignment
- High impact, self-motivated individual, innovative, creative, decision maker and solution-driven, able to manage and deliver multiple assignments in parallel
- Strong commercial instincts and negotiating skills
- Strong knowledge of business modelling, scenario building and modelling tools and techniques
PCGSSalary and benefits:
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care, holiday entitlement and lots of flexible benefits. We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more? Feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions about the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.