Are you an inspiring leader? Can you share your AMAZEING collections and recoveries experience? Do you want to be part of the banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of Collections Conduct and Control, you will play a key role in making sure that all Metro Bank collections and recoveries activity is delivered to the standards expected by our fans and regulators. You will set collections and recovery strategies that support customers in financial difficulty, making sure that customers receive fair outcomes and that loss rates to the Bank are appropriately forecasted, managed and reported. As part of the role, you will provide strategic leadership and direction to your team including coaching, motivating and developing them to build their career. You will lead the team who provide first line of control and monitoring oversight.
So what would you be doing?...
• Analysing and reviewing the performance of all our collections and recoveries strategies
• Working with Credit Risk and Operational stakeholders to set challenger strategies that improve performance and make sure alignment in forecasts of collections performance and the impact on loss rates
• Reviewing customer feedback and outcomes that emerge from our collections and recovery activities and constantly assessing the fairness and customer perspective of how we perform
• Building out and regularly reviewing our end to end controls and oversight activities to give clarity to colleagues of what good looks like
• Designing end to end customer journeys, processes, procedures and treatment strategies
• Building a framework of reporting and MI that provides insight into the effectiveness of our activities
• Supporting our governance structure by reporting and escalating the right data to maintain strong oversight and to understand our priorities, risks and issues
• Managing all of our recovery activity across the Bank and making sure we meet regulatory requirements for all types of customers in financial distress
• Monitoring standards of implementation and owning the Bank wide outcome testing framework for collections and recoveries
• Owning the Bank wide risk and control framework for collections and recovery activities and providing oversight of suppliers in this area
• Being responsible for the design and implementation of Bank wide competency frameworks that underpin collections and recovery processes
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience of leading a team in the end to end collections and recoveries lifecycle covering retail, business and commercial lending
• We need you to have experience of working with regulators and managing supplier and third party relationships
• You will have an extensive knowledge of the debt management industry and the relevant regulations
• Understanding of CONC, CCA, SYSC and MCOB is important
• We would love for you to have experience working with and influencing senior leaders across different business areas, and knowing how to translate complex and technical processes
• You will have an understanding of the different needs of Retail, SME, Commercial and Mortgage customers and the appropriate customer journey and process for each of them
• You will need to know what is crucial when setting out a successful collections strategy, how to implement the strategy and what the success indicators are and how to set them
• In order to excel in this role, you will have experience of building a framework of reporting and MI from scratch. You will know what good governance testing looks like and how to create it
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!