We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
The Head of Complaints and Customer Care ensures the effective resolution of customer complaints and elevates customer satisfaction. The post holder will focus on developing a customer-focused culture, introducing new resolution processes, review quality assurance measures and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
- Lead and inspire our Complaints and Customer Care teams to deliver outstanding and consistent complaint resolutions.
- Drive a customer-centric culture, embedding our brilliant service recovery principles to drive the importance of trust, empathy, and effectiveness in resolving customer issues.
- Identify opportunities to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure a unified and consistent approach to customer service.
- Contribute to risk management and business assurance initiatives within the Customer Operations department.
- Establish and maintain quality assurance standards for customer complaints.
- Set and monitor key performance indicators (KPI's) related to complaint resolution.
- Support internal audits to ensure compliance with service standards and policies.
- Analyse quality assurance findings to identify and implement corrective actions to improve overall quality of complaint handling.
- Provide clear direction for managers to take ownership in continuously developing and improving processes, procedures, and policies.
- Analyse customer feedback and data to identify trends and areas for improvement.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to address root causes of customer complaints.
- Work with our engaged customers to co-design improvement plans and provide an opportunity for them to hold us to account on our performance.
- Evaluate and support the implementation of relevant tools and technologies to improve efficiency and customer experience.
- Collaborate with IT teams for seamless integration and support of customer service systems.
- Stay abreast of regulations and the Housing Ombudsman code to ensure that our complaint resolution policies and processes align with regulatory requirements.
- Work with customers, stakeholders, and partners to complete an annual self-assessment against the Housing Ombudsman code.
- Collaborate with relevant teams to implement changes and updates necessary for compliance.
- Complete an annual review of performance against regulatory requirements.
- Regularly report on our performance through various methods as and when required.
What you'll bring
- Proven track record in cross-functional teamwork and nurturing a customer-focused culture
- Deep understanding of customer needs and a commitment to delivering solutions that enhance customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrable experience in implementing and managing quality assurance processes to ensure consistent and high-quality complaint resolution.
- Proven ability to optimise processes for efficiency while maintaining a focus on excellence.
- Comprehensive knowledge, of the housing sector understanding and ability to interpret legal and regulatory requirements underpinning the sector to ensure compliance.
- Ability to travel to meet the requirements of the role and a flexible approach to working hours.
- Relevant management qualification or experience.
- Member of Chartered Institute of Housing or an equivalent professional body.
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.