As our Head of Conference & Exhibitions you will report to Head of Operations and work as part of the SEC Food Operations Team, alongside venue colleagues and partners, to support and execute the delivery of all event catering operations and associated services within the Conference and Exhibition department.
You will lead the delivery of the catering operation across all conferences and exhibitions, working closely with clients, event organisers and colleagues to drive an excellent level of food, beverage and service delivery. You will build positive relationships with existing and potential clients in a commercial manner ensuring compliance and company policies are adhered to.
Leading by example. You will have a strong eye for the innovation and development of the arena. Focus on the training and development of the full team structure and developing a team Event Operations Managers and Supervisors to support the operational needs of the business.
You should embrace the venue mission: Best Venues, Best People, Best Events.
Adopt our core values for teamwork and collaboration, sharing a passion for providing excellent visitor experience and act as a role model and set an example for our team and the wider business. What we'll give:
Head of Conference & Exhibitions
- £45,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Medicash healthcare
- Eyecare vouchers
- On-going training and development, guaranteed career pathway
- Perks at work
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Free Parking
At SEC Food, we're proud to be the official catering partner for The Scottish Event Campus. We pride ourselves on providing an exceptional customer experience for every visitor to the campus. Our people really care about hospitality and we support all our staff members to help them excel and shine in all that they do. We love to hear from candidates who have a positive attitude and a real passion for great customer service.
More about the role:
The Scottish Event Campus is Scotland's premier venue for concerts, events, conferences and exhibitions. The campus comprises of the SSE Hydro, the SEC Armadillo and the SEC Centre. The company enjoys an enviable reputation as one of Europe's most prestigious venues with the SSE Hydro consistently ranked in the top 3 busiest venues in the world by attracting over 1.1 million visitors each year.
Who you are:
- Build and maintain trusting and collaborative relationships with SEC Confex teams.
- Accountable for the operational delivery for all conference and exhibition events
- Accountable for the SEC Staff welfare operation
- Delivery of consistent, excellent customer service standards
- Lead the training and development of the SEC food Confex team structure
- Manage client and contractual relationships in a commercial manner whilst ensuing we are true partners in their business whilst engaging with support functions, internal and external stakeholders, and suppliers
- Controlling costs & driving sales growth
- Review business performance and ensure delivery of key financial targets
- Demonstrate commercial value to your line manager and leadership teams in line with the one Compass vision, values, and overall business strategy
- Successful delivery and inclusion of the SEC Food - Food Strategy
- Demonstrate a succinct knowledge and consideration of Sustainability aligned with Levy net zero ambitions
- Commercial accountability of Confex business within the SEC, actively working with operational management colleagues to deliver events within budget and working towards forecasts.
- Be in control of all operating costs in line with set targets.
- Identify opportunities for growth.
- Liaising with culinary and marketing specialist colleagues to implement continuous product development and drive footfall and SPH
- Agree a communications structure alongside EMT per event and ensure regular meetings take place with the key client and all actions are delivered from this
- Liaise with Confex teams to scope, plan and deliver their event requirements
- Innovation, operation and further develop consistently high standards within defined areas
Who we are:
- Confex Operations within Venue/Stadium experience in leading and inspiring operational teams to deliver results
- Knowledge of Food, Beverage & Service Industry
- Experience of working within an ever-changing environment
- Experience of working with and managing large teams
- Extensive experience in a demanding, high volume, multi-purpose venue
- Computer Literate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to develop and grow strong relationships with all employees
- Personal Licence Holder, Licensing awareness
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.