Base Location: Scotland (Flexible)
Salary: £45,000 - £67,800 plus bonus
Working Pattern: Fixed Term Contract (12 months) Full Time 37 hours per week | Flexible Working options available
About the Department
At SSE Enterprise Telecoms we believe in making complex connectivity challenges simple. And we do this in the spirit of collaboration, partnership and integrity which means we can achieve more, together.
We bring together the unparalleled expertise of dedicated teams with innovation and technical excellence to give enterprises, government organisations and our partners a better network experience that can power the UK's digital future. All this is delivered through our UK-wide 20,000km network, offering a wide range of products and integrated solutions including leading edge SD-WAN, Ethernet, Optical and Dark Fibre services.
We're looking for ambitious experts to join our team; to help contribute to our growth by delivering solutions through excellent customer care. A team that actively looks after the wellbeing of colleagues, works hard and enjoys celebrating success.
What is the Role?
Responsible for the Commercial Contracts team.
Assisting the team by providing support on commercial contract negotiations, property contract negotiations and consents, as well as ensuring financial and regulatory commitments are met, to provide first class, efficient and cost-effective services to internal and external customers. Take responsibility for the teams supplier cost base of in excess of £5m per annum and ensure the team operates at its lowest and competitive cost base by leading the team to manage the supplier performance to achieve year on year savings;
Understanding the relationship between SSE Enterprise Telecoms and its regulator, OFCOM, so as to provide effective input for regulated submissions.
Understanding SSE Enterprise Telecoms product set so as to provide commercial governance and contractual support for contract negotiations and input into drafting of new terms and conditions to reflect changes and new additions to the SSE Enterprise Telecoms product offering.
Lead the team providing governance and contractual support for property contract negotiations and consents along with providing specialist advice and guidance on commercial contractual requirements.
Managing any property disputes through to conclusion either through negotiation between the parties or managing external legal support during contentious court matters.
In-depth knowledge of the SSE Group so as to provide commercial governance and contractual support for services to SSE Group companies with focus on the Regulated Businesses to ensure compliance.
Manage the contracts database, identifying and progressing contracts due for review/renewal and ensuring key milestone dates are progressed in a timely manner.
Managing SSE Enterprise Telecoms relationships with Radio Site Providers and provide commercial governance and support for Radio Site Sharing services for the SSE Group.
Managing the SSE Enterprise Telecoms SWRPS database and the implementation of a new database due to go live in March 2021.
Develop a safety culture that will constructively challenge unsafe behaviour and promote positive behaviour in the team. Ensure that the SSE safety culture is embedded within the team.
What do I need?
* Knowledge of the wider SSE Group and services provided by SSET to the wider SSE Group
* Must understand contracts and their clauses and interpretation
* Must be able to assess level and practical implications of risk in contracts
* Telecoms industry knowledge (including markets, services and contractual arrangements (both commercial and property))
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
* Commercially astute
* Contractual knowledge and understanding
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Ability to prioritise and manage contract interactions
* Ability to communicate contractual requirements clearly and concisely
* Experience with finance matters (e.g. Harmony, raising POs, managing budget, reporting to the finance teams on projects and contract-related matters, debt matters, wayleave payments)
* Leadership, including coaching and development
* Report writing in relation to regulatory submissions and consultations
* Qualification as a solicitor helpful but not required
Personal Attributes / Competencies
* Provides quality feedback in a timely manner and is relied upon for high impact advice by senior team, colleagues and manager
* Contributes positively and pragmatically to address problems and find solutions within the team
* Self-motivated with the ability to develop and implement clear goals to resolve issues, understanding the needs of all parties on financial and contractual issues
* Exemplary (internal and external) customer service focus
* Ability to inspire and motivate people to drive the business forward and achieve goals
* Strong organisational skills, a sense of responsibility and ownership and, particularly, a keen eye for detail
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package. Click here to find out what else is on offer.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch with Lesley Dickson - We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
The successful candidate may be subject to the Company's verification and vetting process if their vetting level changes. This includes a basic criminal records check.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.