Join us as Head of Derivative Execution Team, Treasury Markets
- This is an opportunity to take on a leading role overseeing the efficient pricing and timely execution of trade flows to manage interest rate and foreign exchange risk for the bank
- You’ll be managing our Treasury Libor Transition Change team that drives customer focused strategies across Treasury for transitioning from Libor to new RFRs, responsible for risk management of a number of banking books
- This role offers considerable stakeholder exposure and the chance to make a tangible impact on our Treasury function
What you'll do
As Head of Derivative Execution Team, you’ll be responsible for a financial markets execution desk that prices term customer interest rate products, and prices and hedges other items on the balance sheet that give rise to term interest rate and foreign exchange risk. You’ll also be managing the exposure to structuring, pricing and execution of interest rate and cross currency derivatives for the liquidity portfolio and funding teams within Treasury.
You’ll provide SME input to the NatWest Group franchises on interest rate, FX and related risk management topics. You'll be managing a team accountable for the efficient and timely franchise pricing of interest rate products, hedging the bank’s residual structural exposure to interest rates, and pricing and managing a portfolio of customer loan swaps and certain franchise customer derivative activity.
Other key aspects of your role will involve:
- Supervising the preparation of daily and monthly reports or analysis across Treasury Markets to help senior management in their planning and decision making
- Manage a number of banking books for both the bank and franchise legal entities within agreed market risk limits
- Driving the booking of internal and external interest rate and FX transactions
- Acting as a point of contact for all support function queries on trades and making sure that all executed trades are supported by complete and accurate documentation
- Ensuring the delivery of a daily market update to balance sheet management and business treasuries
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with franchises and related Treasury teams
The skills you'll need
It’s crucial that you have experience of derivative pricing and structures, coupled with significant knowledge of front office systems including GDS, VOpt, GFX, Reuters and Bloomberg. You’ll be degree educated, or hold an appropriate professional qualification, with significant quantitative content.
Along with business or commercial expertise, you’ll need strong technical knowledge of markets in general and rates and FX derivatives more specifically.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Leadership experience with excellent interpersonal skills
- An excellent understanding of the structure and risks inherent in the product sets and overall make-up of balance sheets
- Experience of building relationships with internal and external counterparties
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and adhere to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to liaise and communicate across all levels