Are you a natural influencer? Do you have a talent for finding exciting opportunities? Can you help us build our brand to create even more fans? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Head of External Communication, you will be accountable for Metro Bank’s media relations, social media and influencer activity. You will own the creation and delivery of an integrated communications strategy, aligned to the corporate and business area objectives and priorities. You will be the protector of our brand and you will lead on creating a profile for Metro Bank that increases brand awareness and creates fans.
So what would you be doing?...
• Creating programmes of activity and campaigns that help us reach our corporate, commercial and operational objectives
• Anticipating and identifying issues that may have an impact on Metro Bank and providing insight, analysis and counsel to leaders, including the Executive Leadership Team
• Engaging with your colleagues to build and safeguard the reputation of Metro Bank
• Promoting Metro Bank and our expertise – identifying potential stories, news hooks and opportunities for campaigns
• Running a proactive media relationship programme for key spokespeople with print, online and broadcast media
• Making sure the team responds quickly and effectively to media enquiries and customer complaints
• Acting as primary spokesperson when issues arise
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You will be experienced in creating and delivering external communication strategies and plans in fast paced, regulated organisations
• You need a good working knowledge of listing rules and investor relations
• It’s essential that you understand the benefits and drawbacks of different communication mediums and channels, and be comfortable with written, visual and video
• Your stakeholders will be relying on you for sound communication advice, so you need to be confident in giving your opinion and taking on feedback