As a Head of Finance for RA Venues, Universities & Colleges you will play a pivotal role in supporting the MD to drive business performance as the subsector aims for ambitious margin growth over the next few years.
To achieve this there will be a keen focus on commerciality across the board with every sales opportunity and cost mitigation explored, key initiatives to be implemented and will include client negotiations where you will take the lead on finances. You will manage a team of finance professionals to support focusing on the detail, continually improve service levels, and add value to commercial activities across the business subsector. You will be integral to high profile sector and opportunity to support UK projects.
There is an expectation of travel to our RA office in London and nationally when needed. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
PURPOSE: Driving subsector performance
- Trusted sounding board for MD, supporting strategic thinking and challenging the status quo
- Provide financial support to the MD in developing, influencing and executing the overall subsector strategy
- Identify and monitor key commercial initiatives to drive improved business performance and deliver change
- Actively support client relationship management including contract negotiations and contract
- knowledge/understanding as well as be a key client touch-point
- Overall responsibility for forecasting & governance of subsector finances - highlighting and managing risks and opportunities around achievement of subsector targets
- Have a finger on the pulse knowledge of business performance through the development of networks & relevant reporting to support
- Drive the management of inflation through tariffs, menu engineering & client negotiations
- Ownership of the financial results and reporting of performance including budgeting and forecasting processes
- Provide commercial insight / analysis and challenge the operational team to support data based decision making
- Embrace and drive use of data analytics and reporting tools to continually optimise processes and commerciality both within finance and the wider business
- Management of debt (including cash collection) and ownership of balance sheet integrity including monthly balance sheet reviews with contracts
- Ownership of financial control and governance processes including contractual compliance and adherence to Compass financial policies
PEOPLE: Relationship Management
Who you are:
- Manage and develop team members, to ensure day to day delivery of added value financial support to the business.
- Drive finance team succession plan across the operational finance support and develop our next generation of finance professionals.
- Build strong relationships with Operators to enable successful delivery of the subsector margin targets and subsector initiatives
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with significant and relevant experience in accounting role
- Experience of team member management
- Experience of business partnering senior stakeholders with the ability to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels
- Confidence to make decisions, recommendations and advise the team
- High numeric and analytical skills and attention to detail
- Comfortable developing and working with complex spreadsheets
- Demonstrable commercial finance experience of improving business results and adding value
- Excellent communication skills - ability to communicate oral and written information concisely and logically
- Ability to analyse, evaluate and present information in a clear and concise way
- Driver of innovation and continuous improvement
Who we are:
- Experience of operating within a multi-site &/ multi-contract organization
- Good working knowledge of SAP & Cognos as analysis and reporting tools
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.