Compass Group UK & Ireland is the world's leading Caterer, feeding multiple demographics in a variety of different business sectors in restaurants & coffee shops in some of the most prestigious locations in the UK & Ireland. More than half of our revenue comes directly from consumers, making us a retail business the size of Greggs in the UK.
We have a fantastic opening for a Head of Food and Beverage Development and Innovation UK&I. This role will lead the development of Food & Beverage offers in response to Sector needs. You will be passionate about new food and beverage product development and deliver trend forward, insight informed commercially and operationally optimised food and beverage recipes.
In return we offer support and development to grow within our business alongside a competitive salary. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £80,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Understand and champion sector & consumer needs & market trends.
- Continuously strive to elevate culinary standards in recipe development.
- Lead the development of culinary offers and recipes.
- Own and manage the recipe development process and pipeline including testing and feedback.
- Work with Foodbuy to evaluate and introduce new ingredients and suppliers.
- Challenge convention and bring fresh thinking to create offers of the future.
- Drive measurement culture which improves sales and profit performance.
- Continuously strive to develop and evaluate new operating models for delivery of food and beverage.
- Increase the professional competence of the recipe development team with strong coaching and capability building - be a role model.
- You will form close working relationships with Foodbuy, Nutrition, Sector Culinary, the Central Marketing Team, Sector Marketing Teams, Recipe managers and EPOS systems Teams and Commercial Finance.
Who we are:
- Proven track record of driving growth for a food and beverage organisation through market leading product development and innovation.
- Strong experience in food and beverage product development processes from insight to finished product.
- Proven track record of managing workload and timelines for busy product development team including prioritisation and stakeholder management.
- Innovative and curious mindset, balanced with understanding of what makes food outlets operationally efficient
- Significant experience of operating at a Senior Exec level, proven stakeholder management
- Collaborative approach with an ability to drive and inspire wider organisational engagement to get programmes implemented
- Strong people management skills able to create high performing teams
- Data Driven, commercially literate, understands pricing and how to deliver margin requirements through mix management
- Evidence of leading and participating in cross functional collaboration
- Pragmatic and comfortable with ambiguity
- Support function / customer focused mindset
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.