About the role
We are seeking an experienced Senior Programme and Delivery Manager as Head of our Major Projects team in Developer Services. This is a great opportunity in a high-profile role, which has a lot of external focus, to really make a difference for our Critical National Infrastructure, Highway Authorities and Developer Customers.
This is a very exciting time to join us as we continue to evolve and enhance what we do for our customers, by improving our service delivery and becoming more proactive. This role is critical to improving the service we provide and exceeding our customer’s expectations, and you will play a key part in this.
You will be an essential member of the Developer Services Management team with accountability and leadership for the design & delivery of a £80m customer driven programme of work, which includes asset protection, reinforcement, new connections, asset diversions, and targeted growth investment. Key areas of accountability will include:
To be successful at this role you will have the following skills and experience:
- Establishing and continuously promote a proactive health, safety & environment culture across the business.
- Leading on safe and sustainable delivery of customer capital delivery projects.
- Providing assured compliance with statutory obligations and embed leading indicators.
- Promoting sustainability and delivering carbon reduction targets.
- Delivering sustainable financial out-performance against approved budgets.
- Commercially managing all contract matters to achieve the optimal outcomes.
- Developing and delivering an optimised programme to achieve all deadlines and targets.
- Delivering successful technical solutions that provide optimal value for money.
- Performance managing the service providers to ensure service levels and value for money
- Leading a customer focussed culture unrelenting in its pursuit of excellence in service delivery to both internal and external customers.
- Ensuring the provision of quality customer assured data, information and management reporting.
- Managing, leading and developing people in a culture of accountability and achievement
- Encourage and implement innovation from supply chain to develop a continuous improvement project culture.
What’s in it for you?
- Proven track record of managing the performance of third-party organisations
- Track record of success in the delivery of significant capital Programmes at a senior level.
- Strong commercial approach with a good level of contract knowledge.
- Ability to take on leadership responsibility in different functions/businesses and led through difficult times.
- Proven process improvement design and implementation capability.
- Ability to develop and implement feedback systems to improve business performance.
- Consistently outperforms against stretch targets and can demonstrate a tangible drive to continue to outperform.
- Ability to demonstrate exposure to risk decisions with implications
- Broad industry and business knowledge and experience in complex investment-type decisions.
- Significant experience in matrix management is a pre-requisite as the role works across the business.
- Extensive senior stakeholder management experience is a must.
This is a great opportunity for to you drive the development and continuous improvement of the Project Team and Supply Chain where you will strive to deliver enhanced health, safety & environment outcomes, customer delight and superior commercial performance.
The position will have you engaging with stakeholders daily as well as working on your own. You’ll use your effective communication and influencing skills to challenge and champion business process improvement opportunities. This is a very varied role with room for growth and freedom to suggest solutions and ideas to innovate.
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps.
We’re proud to be here for our local community, offering all our teams two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to view our full list of Rewards and Benefits About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy.