Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the team
Through its strong brand, award winning customer service and unique product offering, O2 has the opportunity to create strong, commercially beneficial partnerships in the MVNO space. This team has the remit. The MVNO team runs the largest wholesale business in the UK market with great partners like Tesco, Mobile, Sky and Lycamobile.
Working within the wider O2 Business Division, the MVNO team is responsible for negotiating with new MVNO's as well as driving commercial value and ensuring world class service delivery and service management for existing MVNO's. Your role
This is a role responsible for the largest wholesale business in the UK market. You'll meet and negotiate with the newest MVNO prospects, using your knowledge of the retail mobile market to assess their chances of success. You'll manage a multi-million pound P&L and be in a position to directly drive commercial value. You'll also lead all aspects of MVNO service management and delivery working closely with IT and Operations to ensure O2 are meeting it's contractual MVNO obligations.
A key part of the role will be managing stakeholders across the business, and due to the commercial nature and sensitivities of the role, this will include regular board and CEO interaction. You will also need to be comfortable operating externally, dealing with board members and CEO's of large organisations both from a commercial and service delivery perspective. Networks, IT and Operations relationships will also be key as this role is the single point of contact for MVNO service management and delivery.
Essential to the role will also be driving and inspiring the direct team to deliver successful MVNO contracts and service delivery. You'll combine commercial acumen and technical understanding with great communication and influencing skills to ensure that Telefonica's MVNO business continues to grow and succeed.
The role will report directly into the Director of Wholesale, Commercial and Indirect, and is a fantastic opportunity to be a key player in helping grow the O2 Business Division.Responsibilities
Key Skills & Experience
- Lead, coach and develop a diverse MVNO team including both commercial and technical experts.
- Analyse report and drive MVNO performance to achieve budgets (c. 250m pa) & 3 year plan ambitions as well as maximising profit and revenue generation for Telefonica UK.
- Monitor and drive MVNO service delivery to ensure all Telefonica contractual committments are met.
- Manage a CAPEX budget of ~ 6m.
- Create and approve commercial proposals, negotiate and contract terms with MVNO's (new and existing).
- Build relationships with MVNO's right up to CEO level to drive retention and growth as well as manage service management and delivery escalations.
- Create, communicate and execute the MVNO strategy.
- Analyse and understand the MVNO strategies, market and trends in the UK and globally.
- Ensure that Telefonica delivers the best service to its MVNO partners not only by leading the the MVNO service delivery team, but by working in collaboration with finance, billing, operations, technology, legal and senior management.
- Ensuring all relevant stakeholders have bought into the MVNO strategy including the MD for Business, CFO, Director of Wholesale, Commercial and Indirect, MVNO Partner Managers, Finance, Legal, IT and Strategy.
- Building the necessary commercial and technical capabilities within the team.
- Developing and implementing effective processes, structures and ways of working to ensure efficient delivery of programmes.
- Led negotiations of major commercial contracts ( 30m+) and managed such relationships in-life.
- Managed and grown significant multi-million pound P&L's.
- Built strong relationships with high-value partners and leveraged them for value.
- Cooperated cross-functionally with technology and operations to effectively manage major partners\customers.
- Created and implemented strategies as well as managed internal and external stakeholders up to Board level.
- Led or been heavily involved in service delivery and service management teams for large scale projects.
- Experience in leading service development programmes with a strong level of IT technical and operational competence in a service delivery environment.
- Commercial excellence and the ability to analyse commercial problems and find and negotiate effective solutions.
- Excellent communicator: Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with clarity, brevity and precision regardless of the complexity of the subject
- Highly analytic and numerate: Confidence and precision in analysing proposals and propositions to determine best outcome and ability to convince and influence others to the same conclusion.
- Collaborative: Ability to work constructively with colleagues and customers and build relationships across all levels and functions
- Highly autonomous & tenacious. Self-confident and self-motivated, persists through adversity and maintains motivation and focus despite set-backs and challenges
- Grade - PCGS
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.