Join us as Head of Price Optimisation, Short Term Borrowing
- This is a high profile opportunity that will see you enabling the distribution of agreed pricing into wider bank and sourcing systems
- We’ll look to you to lead and coach a team of data science and mathematics experts to design, build and implement optimisation capabilities using enterprise-wide tooling within the bank
- You’ll have the chance to partner with a range of senior stakeholders across the business, allowing you to grow your network and profile
What you'll do
We’ll be asking you to take a lead role in developing and managing price optimisation and distribution capabilities for the business area’s products, with consideration for customer, financial and risk outcomes. You’ll employ game theory, demand data, competitor moves and behavioural economics to minimise user data input, and deliver output summaries to assist with pricing proposal development and engagement with the business.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Automating baseline production and simplifying the production of pricing scenarios
- Partnering and collaborating with key internal data and financial modelling teams to ensure appropriate price elasticity and profit models support and delivery to enable price optimisation
- Ensuring close collaboration with modelling teams in the bank to manage the alignment in tools, data, methodologies, learning and development
- Making sure that all modelling development and model monitoring governance is followed as part of model risk management
- Partnering with technology and operational partners to ensure the operational quality of system resilience, data quality and data transfer for price distribution
The skills you'll need
You’ll need to be a strategic thinker with a PhD level qualification or an equivalent advanced mathematics qualification. With excellent knowledge of price optimisation methods and multivariate techniques, you’ll also bring knowledge and experience of model risk management and model monitoring.
As well as this, you’ll demonstrate experienced leadership of commercial impact through the application of analytical data science in financial services, deploying strategies to improve yield and return on equity.
We’ll also be looking for:
- Knowledge and experience of optimisation algorithms and continuous optimisation frameworks
- Knowledge and experience of computing game theory and behavioural economics
- Experience in data science and big data technologies
- The ability to translate strategic vision into practical roadmaps, plans and delivery