Wifinity was founded in 2007 to solve a problem—our armed forces were struggling with reliable connectivity. While living in barracks, often in remote locations, ordering a landline and booking in an engineer just wasn’t an option.
And that problem isn’t exclusive to the military, either. Students living in University accommodation, families visiting holiday resorts, or living in shared accommodation and retirement communities.
Conventional home broadband doesn’t always work for them.
Wifinity is different. We offer the same benefits as traditional broadband, such as super-fast speeds, WiFi, and secure and private networks, but none of the downsides. We even offer Pay As You Go and flexible contracts, so customers only pay for what they need without hefty penalties or long contract terms.
We take the complexity out of connectivity.
This role will manage the Procurement function to ensure that Wifinity continues to create a competitive advantage through procuring products and services that generate superior value to our customers.
Leading a wide range of tenders / RFQs from different areas of the business, you will provide commercial and procurement advice and guidance to other colleagues. This role also has a particular focus on improving and assisting in implementing new procurement processes and policies.
Key areas of focus:
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities, you may be required to carry out further responsibilities at the company's discretion.
Daily Management and administration of the company Procurement Function:
- Generating the documentation for RFI’s and RFQ’s alongside departmental stakeholders
- Running Tenders for Procurement led projects
- Regular supplier meetings to ensure open streams of communication
- Maintaining and updating MRP database for vendors and pricing
- Carrying out due diligence on new suppliers
- Strategic Category Management:
- Regular reviews of the active market for each supply category
- Maintaining a record of contracts within the business and ensuring that the contract renewal is well documented and the business department is aware of any upcoming demands
- Developing a plan for generation of savings against budget
- Regular management reporting on project progress
Fleet management: Manage the company fleet of vehicles, maintenance, repair, telematics and procurement of such vehicles
Team Leadership - Management of a team through:
- Leading high performing multiple teams to ensure operational delivery aligns with and achieves strategic vision.
- Providing feedback through mentoring and coaching on individual development, skills and training requirements within the team.
- Conducting performance reviews to ensure the team is performing up to standard
- Implementing local rewards and recognition in line with Wifinity policies.
You will be an expert communicator with the ability to drive successful change. You are excellent at working with people and always strive to provide a customer driven approach. We are looking for someone that has:
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including intermediate excel Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Databases
- Good organisation and project management skills
- People management and leadership skills
- Holder of valid driving license
- Desirable, but not essential: Degree educated in a relevant field, or accredited in CIPS or working towards CIPS Level 4 and knowledge of the telecommunications and managed services industry
- Proven experience in category management and procurement
- Experience in leading multiple tenders in a number of different categories
- Experience working with sub contract management
- Knowledge of Procurement best practices and processes
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes an ‘Annual Leave Buy & Sell Scheme’, in addition to a remote first working environment, allowing our employees more flexibility when it comes to the importance of a healthy work / life balance. Please be aware that the successful applicant to this role will receive an offer which is subject to the satisfactory completion of a basic level DBS check.
At Wifinity we pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, with an inclusive culture who do not discriminate and whose hiring outcomes and commitments are based upon your talent and experience.
This advert can be available in other formats (upon request) for those who require it, please contact email@example.com for assistance.