Head of Quality
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're in search of a Head of Quality to join the team working on vast, complex projects within the defence industry. Babcock are a trusted name within this domain and are continuously growing, as a result we are looking for a driven, experienced professional to lead this division.
Using your experience you will be responsible for spearheading continuous improvement initiatives across all sites and developing our quality culture in order to improve assurance processes and procedures.
You will provide guidance and leadership to a highly skilled team, promoting best practice across and a positive working environment.
As well as working on one the most high-profile nuclear projects in the UK we also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
Although this role is working with the defence industry we welcome applications from candidates within highly regulated environments.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have experience in a leadership role and have the gravitas to lead from the front.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- Experience working within a high integrity environment.
- Experience managing a sizeable multi skilled team.
- Able to provide the business improvement activities which facilitate a culture of evolution, learning and improvement
- Strong track record of quality assurance, quality control and business improvement.
Lastly, you'll need to be able to deploy good communication and influencing skills as you'll work closely with the client and our internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies.
What else do I need to know?
- Some UK travel may be expected in supporting sites.
- The role will initially be based in Bristol at Ashton Gate.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role and will also need to complete a medical assessment.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.