Head of Safety & Assurance
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a proven Head of Safety & Assurance to provide leadership, guidance and direction in the provision of Health, Safety, Quality, Environment and Security functional support across the Military Air (MA) business unit, ensuring the application of 'best practice' and the development of a positive engaged culture throughout the workforce.
Keeping our people and information safe and secure is a core value in Babcock. The role requires a key influencer in delivering that goal to ensure our people go home safe our and our information and assets are secure. Working with our people and customers is fundamental as is using a felt leadership approach. Being passionate about what you do is essential, but 'how' you deliver and work with stakeholders is key. A learning approach that drives continual improvement will be a way of working for you.
The role also requires working closely with stakeholders, advising, coaching and working collaboratively to deliver support and expertise to the Senior Management Team (SMT). The role will provide assurance that SHEQS risks are identified and mitigated.
As well as working on some of the most high-profile projects in the UK we also offer a supportive work environment where innovation is at the heart of what we do.
Although this role is working with the defence industry we welcome applications from candidates from all industries.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to have experience in a leadership position and have the gravitas to lead from the front.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
- You will be assertive, independent, quick paced and have the ability to motivate others. A strong emphasis on emotional intelligence is required to actively influence and persuade a variety of people in changing situations.
- Ability to lead and maintain regulatory requirements including ISO9001, 14001, 45001.
- Able to provide the business improvement activities which facilitate a culture of evolution, learning and improvement
- Degree qualified in a relevant discipline.
- Lead Auditor trained.
- Chartered Membership of the Institution of Occupational Safety& Health or other appropriate discipline
What else do I need to know?
- Some UK travel may be expected in supporting sites.
- The role will initially be based in Bristol at Ashton Gate.
- The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role and will also need to complete a medical assessment
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.