HMP Bronzefield have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Security and Operations to join the Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for the management of domestic and legal visits, gatehouse, control room and nights teams so previous experience of managing a large team is essential. To be successful in the position, you will need to be a hands-on experienced security and operations professional who can ensure compliance to prison service instructions and have knowledge of audit processes
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this, we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
Sodexo Justice aims to change lives for the better by reducing reoffending and improving the quality of life for those under our supervision and in our care. We deliver safe, effective and innovative custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within the UK and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.
Learn more about working in Justice and HMP Bronzefield Job Description
Salary of £42,400 - £57,600 dependant on experience plus bonus and £1,300 flexible benefits fund.
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 23 days holiday (plus bank holidays).
As this role is operational, it will involve completing Duty Manager shifts which includes evenings, weekends and bank holidays on a rota basis.
Location is HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ. Please note this is not located near Ashford in Kent Main Responsibilities
- Maintain a secure establishment, compliant with national and local frameworks
- Effective management of all high risk, restricted status, TACT and E list offenders
- Maintain senior operational oversight within the establishment
- Operate as a senior leader, role modelling behaviours
- Deliver effective strategies to manage the security and operational risks, balancing these with rehabilitative approaches
**see below for full job description** The Ideal Candidate
- Operational experience in prisons; security clearance to enhanced level; PCO badged (or willing to complete the training).
- Technical knowledge of relevant prison legislation, PSOs, Standards, inspection and audit processes; and knowledge of the wider criminal justice system.
- Successful completions of incident and hostage management training, and adjudication training.
- A strong and consistent moral compass and the ability to provide value-based leadership.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in a politicised environment.
- Trained to level 2 in RIPA compliance
About The Company
- Experience of being the public face of a large organisation and conducting public speeches and media presentations in a politically sensitive environment.
- Contract knowledge and contract management skills.
- Knowledge of commercial financial management processes and procedures.
- Project management and Risk management skills.
- Business continuity planning
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC. Keywords: