Join us as Head of Social Media
- This is a high profile and rewarding opportunity to join us as our Head of Social Media, where you’ll be responsible for our social media strategy and execution across Marketing and our business units
- You’ll be building out a team to handle all our social media marketing, including optimising content for social media, buying ads and tracking performance
- It’s a chance to make a far-reaching impact through your work, as you shape and deliver social media marketing to increase our brand equity, capture audience attention and encourage advocacy
What you'll do
We’ll be asking you to lead our social media strategy and approach for both paid and non-paid marketing via our social channels to deliver on our brand and commercial objectives. You’ll also be leading a team of social media marketers delivering for our business units and working with marketing teams to embed social media in our campaign activity.
Your other key responsibilities will include:
- Making sure that social media is factored into all our marketing activity either as the primary channel or supporting a multi-channel approach
- Leading on our approach to using and prioritising the right social media channels, taking into consideration our target audiences and their media consumption habits
- Identifying and determining if new evolving social media channels can play a role in delivering against our marketing and business objectives before integrating into our overall social media channel approach
- Capturing and sharing best practice for social media creative and content approaches based on performance analysis
- Acting as a guardian of our brands on social channels to allow them to be represented and portrayed in the way our brand positioning dictates
The skills you'll need
We’ll expect you to make a significant impact in this role, so your social media marketing experience and leadership qualities will be key. You’ll need experience of setting up and running an agency or in-house social media team, as well as the ability to drive performance and develop your team’s skills.
While not essential, it would be helpful if you have experience in financial services or a regulated environment.
You’ll bring this all together with your:
- In-depth knowledge of the advertising capabilities of the primary social media channels: Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and TikTok
- Hands-on experience of social advertising and an understanding of the practical aspects of social media buying, audience targeting and reporting
- A strong track record of influencing and collaborating with a variety of stakeholders
- An understanding of the latest trends, technologies and developments in social media