Join our community.
Head of SCIB GTB Middle Office, supporting origination teams with BAU documentary trade and discounts: new transactions execution, ongoing portfolio management and monitoring including amendments, discounts, negotiation, BAU liaison with offshore Operations teams for booking and monitoring of TF instruments, providing guidance and support. Candidates required 10+ years Leadership and Trade Finance experience(L/Cs, Guarantees, StandbyL/Cs, discounts, RPAs), applicable regulations, new products approval, internal/external audit champion, operational risk and change management aligned to the Bank's approved policies from deal inception to termination.
The difference you will make.
- Identifying, assessing, managing, and reporting risks and controls to achieve strategic objectives and support goals.
- Identifying processes, systems and control weaknesses, proposing improvements using robust control mindset, providing excellent customer experience, identifying opportunities proactively.
- Achieving consensus solutions, influencing, negotiating, delivering on challenging goals, promoting relationships and clear communication with stakeholders.
- Working autonomously using initiative, organisation, attention to detail, prioritisation, problem solving ability, adapting approach to circumstances together with capability to work under pressure, with large amount of information, and to deliver to tight timelines.
What you will bring.
- Solid exposure to investment banking products, banking regulations, regulators and auditors, able to demonstrate expertise with trade finance origination and execution, including operational, legal and regulatory impacts, providing best-in-class client experience.
- Solid leadership skills, coaching and mentoring the team, effective communication, delegation and escalation, regular feedback, change and conflict management.
It would be nice for you to have.
- Educated to degree level (Engineering, Finance, Science, Mathematics).
- Second language (ideally Spanish, spoken and written).
- Trade Innovation or similar Trade booking system, LIQ, repository sites.
What else you need to know.
This role is currently office based (London) /Home based until corona virus restrictions are lifted
At Santander, we each take personal responsibility for managing risk by embracing the I AM Risk framework - to Identify, Assess, Manage and Report risks, and to continuously build a deeper understanding of the risks we face. It is an important part of our culture at Santander and we will provide you with knowledge to help you manage risks in your role.
#ThePlaceToBeYourself - Everyday Inclusion at Santander
We are committed to making sure all our colleagues feel they belong and are supported to succeed. Our customers come from a wide range of backgrounds, and so do our people, so we welcome applications from across society.
You can find out more about how we're embedding an inclusive culture that encourages our people to bring their full and authentic selves to work on our Inclusion and Belonging page here.
How we'll reward you.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll enjoy a benefits package that you can tailor to your needs.
- Receive a £500 annual cash allowance to spend on our great range of benefits.
- Pension with generous contributions of up to 12.5% from Santander, depending on your own contribution and length of employment with us
- 30 days' holiday plus bank holidays, which increases to 31 days after 5yrs service, with the option to purchase up to 5 contractual days per year
- Voluntary healthcare benefits at discounted rates such as private medical insurance, dental insurance, healthcare cash plan and health assessments
- Benefits supporting you and your family, such as death-in-service benefit, income protection, and voluntary life assurance and critical illness cover
- 24/7 access to an online employee discount platform
- Share in Santander's success by investing in our Sharesave and Partnership shares plans
- Support your favourite causes through charitable giving and our community partnerships
For more information about our wide range of benefits and family friendly policies visit our website.
What to do next:-
If this sounds like a role you're interested in, then please apply.