Head Of Trading @giffgaff Uxbridge Grade - PCGTWho Are We?
giffgaff is a little different to your 'normal' telecoms company. It's a mobile business owned by Telefonica, but run by its customers - our members. Sounds interesting? It is.
We want people to love what they do and love what giffgaff is all about. It's important to feel that way, especially in this energetic and competitive market. We're a spirited and disruptive bunch at giffgaff, not every now and then, but everyday, yes, even on Monday mornings. Each and every person, who comes and works at giffgaff, must believe that we are a David amongst Goliaths in Mobile-land. And much like David, we are successfully making a positive change.About The Role.
You will reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, leading a trading manager, delivering against financial targets of two key categories for giffgaff: SIM and Phones. You will lead the SIM-Growth strategy for giffgaff with the objective to grow our member base, Revenue and Profit. In particular, shape the Commercial Strategy across all the acquisition channels, identify interventions to accelerate channels' performance and scout initiatives to retain members.Key Responsibilities
- Lead the Phones-Growth strategy with the objective to grow Phones sales and revenue (KPIs: total phone MLV, average margin per box, existing member sales). In particular, shape the Phones trading strategy to ensure giffgaff is the primary destination for members who want to buy a phone and deliver an excellent purchasing experience to them with clear impact on retention metrics
- Identify, champion and implement key strategic initiatives to develop the business further and ensure long-term growth: expand giffgaff into Microbusiness & IoT.
- Own all the planning and budget activities on behalf of the Commerce team including monthly forecasts, reviews and QPB submission (SIM and Phones)
- Prepare and attend Board meetings with the Senior Leadership Team to present giffgaff performance and propose key growth initiatives.
- Work closely with the departments of Finance, Business Intelligence and Market Insights to track, monitor and interpret the performance of giffgaff's Mobile Acquisition (SIM and Phones) channels across different metrics
- Lead regular trading meetings and comms with inputs from all Commerce, Marketing, Finance & BI.
This is a chance to work for one of the most sought after UK companies, highly regarded for its community model. In return for your outstanding efforts, you'll be rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent benefits. We believe that hard work should be supported and recognised. This position plays an important role across the business, allowing you to work cross functionality, take on more responsibility and gain experience, which will greatly benefit you in the future.