Here at O2, we're about technology that creates new and exciting experiences. It's why there are over 25 million people who choose to live life on O2.
Being part of Telefonica, one of the world's most innovative digital companies, we're able to open up all sorts of possibilities - not just for customers, but for the people who work for us, too.
Great benefits. Generous rewards. High-quality training. Ongoing career development. Flexible working. These are just some of the reasons we attract great talent.
Our inclusive approach to recruitment helps us be a true reflection of our customers and their communities. That's why everybody's welcome at O2 - it's time to get everyone in the room.About the Team
To be digital pioneers we need to deliver real innovation, which involves fresh thinking. Our online team is no longer about a website, or an online shop. It's so much more. It is social media, it is on the device, it is a digital ecosystem that knows you and understands you, it is webchat that is helpful, it is personalisation across all of these that's meaningful for the customer and makes it easy for them to get the most from their digital lives.
You will support the teams 4 headline objectives: improving customer experience; increasing sales; driving down operating costs, and improving employee engagement.About the Role
The Head of User Experience is responsible for inspiring and leading the user experience team. You'll be traversing both the strategic and the tactical, directing the UX strategy of new digital products and services, including interpreting insight for digital proposition development, end-to-end usability, information architecture, and organising compelling content.
You will be an experience design advocate, seasoned at discovering user needs and using them to drive brand new designs, features and functionality. A team mentor and figurehead, you will be leading projects from definition right through to the delivery and continuous improvement.Key Responsibilities
Key Skills and Experience Required
- Management of a UX team consisting of a mix of in-house, contractors and agency supplied designers.
- Leading end-to-end design of new products, services and propositions using experience design methods for uncovering solutions that contribute to business value and solve customer problems to deliver best in class user experiences.
- Leading projects and lending expertise on a variety of products, these could be cross-platform (responsive web, app) as well as both B2B and B2C.
- Leading the creation of interactive prototypes, high level wireframes and other artefacts of varying fidelity to share with stakeholders, and validate with end users.
- Owning the development and evolution of the Digital Experience Language principles and joint governance of our Design System Manager library.
- Work directly with the Product Owners, architects, developers and QA/test teams using verbal and written guidance to ensure that the experiences and effectively implemented with regular review of output.
- Designing and facilitating workshops with a wide range of senior stakeholders to elicit, rationalise and interpret requirements and priorities.
- Leading constructive critique sessions aimed at improving the quality of the team's outputs.
- Provide SME knowledge and UX counsel on technology, platform decisions, and best practice for UX.
- Significant experience and an outstanding portfolio of prior work that demonstrates an end-to-end process of conception to delivery using design thinking, across a range of different projects and platforms. Previous experience of proposition design, service design and service blueprinting strongly desired
- Strong experience of successfully leading UX teams
- Solid understanding of the product development/DevOps process, with relevant experience of working within an Agile/Scrum environment
- Demonstrable experience of scoping and leading UX research activities using various techniques and methods
- Experience of leading digital eco system creation across formats and application of brand essence to designs
- Proven ability to manage complex stakeholder relationships to gain buy-in from across business units, including Marketing, Legal, Operations as well as Product Owners
- Experience of leading design of experiences for both B2B and B2C across multiple industries
- Advanced skills and ability to transverse between various tools e.g. Jira, Sketch, InVision and other similar tools.
PCGTRole Closing Date:
20/09/2019We'll be sending you emails about the status of your application. To make sure you receive these, please add @O2.com and @telefonica.com to your Safe Senders list.
We're looking to pay a competitive salary (depending on experience) for this position. We also offer plenty of extras to sweeten the deal, which could include things like bonuses, life assurance cover, health care and lots of flexible benefits.
We also believe a great work-life balance is important, so we're open to considering part-time and flexible approaches to working. Like to know more, feel free to raise it.
Join us and we'll encourage you to be bold every day. So take a deep breath, your career is about to go to exciting new places.
If you have any questions around the role then please email ResourceTUK@o2.com who will be happy to help.