Health and Safety Advisor
Bristol or Tewkesbury
£27,000 - £40,000
Mission Systems forms a critical, and growing part of Babcock's Marine organisation. As a trusted provider for global defence & security, we have a wide portfolio of best in class technical solutions that enable our customers to carry out their missions. It's a really exciting and fast paced business carrying out a diverse range of activities. Mission Systems employs over 1,200 people across the UK and overseas with the largest sites based in Bristol, Plymouth and Ashchurch.
Mission Systems is transforming and as such we're looking to recruit 2 EHS Advisor's to assist in developing the Environmental, Health and Safety culture of Babcock. Make a difference with our Team and explore the wider remit of EHS within Babcock.
We're looking for someone dynamic, ambitious and eager to make an impact to join our Environmental, Health and Safety Team. You're someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally.
What will you be doing?
* Building strong and influential relationships with key stakeholders, including trade union and employee representatives, Workplace Management, HR, Security managers and colleagues across the sector to deliver our aim of Home Safe Every Day and Care & Learn.
* Providing support and practical advice to managers and personnel within a complex business.
* Contribute to developing procedures and guidance to ensure the best advice and support is available.
* Contribute to develop and deliver innovative and engaging health and safety training media; including awareness and induction, E-Safety, Toolbox Talks to ensure that tasks and activities are carried out in a safe manner.
* To carry out scheduled audits to ensure best practice, compliance with legislation and ISO14001 & ISO45001.
* Contribute to developing and maintaining the Groups Health and Safety Management System.
* Monitor EHS incidents and provide assistance and support to managers where necessary to support the investigation to understand underlying causes and ensuring that appropriate recommendations are implemented.
* Contribute to the development of the EHS Teams KPI's and Reports required across the business.
* Within the EHS Team be a champion for a specific EHS topic(s) such as Environmental & Sustainability, Wellbeing & Occupational Health, Fire Safety, Compliance, PUWER, CDM and so on.
The experience you'll bring
You're someone for whom collaboration and working in partnership comes naturally. You continuously champion high performance, challenge the status quo, actively seeking out different perspective and wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
You're also looking to champion a specific EHS topics such as Environmental & Sustainability or Wellbeing and Occupational Health.
- NEBOSH Certificate or similar (Minimum)
- Member of IOSH or related professional body
What else do I need to know?
* All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
* We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.