Job Title: Health and Safety Advisor
Location: RAF Northolt, London, Ruislip HA4 6NG (regional role covering Bucks, Oxfordshire and Cambs)
Compensation: £35,000 + Car Allowance or Car
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Job ID: SF45335
Keeping our people and information safe and secure is a core value in Babcock which is why we are looking for a key influencer to deliver that goal and ensure our people go home safe and our information and assets are secure.
Working with our people and customers is fundamental which is why we follow a 'felt leadership' approach. Being passionate about what you do is essential, but 'how' you deliver and work with stakeholders is key. This is an amazing role where no two days are the same!
Who we are looking for
As Health and Safety Advisor you will work closely with stakeholders - advising, coaching and working collaboratively to deliver support and expertise to the Senior Management Team (SMT) relaying information in a calm and concise manner across the Southern England regional sites.
You will provide assurance that Health and Safety risks are identified and mitigated whilst delivering great compliance to ensure our Babcock employees are safe.
What will you be doing?
- You will be responsible for maintaining, developing and continually improving the business unit safety management system (policies, standards, processes and tools)
- Ensure delivery of business strategy and continued compliance with legislative, customer and Babcock Purpose & Principles is completed.
- Provide advice and support to frontline teams on SHEQS best practice, identifying and mitigating risks.
- Undertake incident investigations across sites and contracts.
- Develop and implement "safety first" culture; promotion of "catching and recognising people, doing things right".
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with key stakeholders providing regular briefings and understanding operational challenges and risks that impact SHEQS risk management strategy.
The experience you'll bring
Occupational Health and Safety Management qualification ie. NEBOSH or BSC (Alternatively achieved an Environmental and/or Public Health Degree)
Prior experience in managing your own workload - previous experience in project management, construction and engineering is welcomed.
You must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability, and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure, and specialist training.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. Click here to find out more.
All applications should be made online.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strive to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Please follow the link when you apply to find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants.