As the Health and Safety Manager you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the Health and Safety for the Volkswagen Group. You will provide expert advice, guidance and support at both strategic and operational levels as well as using your influence and intuition to identify upcoming challenges and risks. Building excellent working relationships with managers and staff around the business you will coach and advise them to minimise risks and develop practical cost effective health and safety systems and solutions. Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £40,000 per annum depending on experience
- 40 Hours - Monday to Friday
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Health & Safety will be at the heart of everything you do. You will be experienced in supporting Health and Safety strategy and help introduce new ways of working that adapt with change and business demands.
You will already have experience in a similar Health and Safety role and have experience assessing safety and compliance and suggesting ways of improvement across a wider business.
Passionate about the safety of your people you will be pivotal in delivering informative and interactive safety training, ensuring compliance across the business. Who you are:
Who we are:
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills, including an ability to convince others effectively.
- Proactive in approach with high level of motivation/ enthusiasm and ability to motivate others.
- Be computer literate, have an advanced understanding on Microsoft excel and access.
- Ability to identify needs; prioritise workloads; set achievable targets; evaluate progress; and to meet deadlines.
- Ability to exercise initiative and willingness to propose initiatives and accept responsibilities.
- Must be confident in managing, presenting, communicating and influencing groups and individuals at all levels.
- Ability to communicate and present at board level.
- NEBOSH diploma is essential and/or/working towards CMIOSH
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
14forty, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is a leading provider of food and support services in the business and industry sector. We offer high quality integrated facilities management (IFM) solutions to clients looking for a single provider. Organisations who rely on the performance of their people for their competitive edge, our integrated services provide the best customer experience and deliver value. In a rapidly changing world, we help our clients stay agile and one step ahead; our experts deliver great service in safe environments every day.
Built on the fact that there are 1440 precious minutes in every day, 14forty aims to maximise the productivity of each of these for its clients.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.