Our UK-wide building team has built a reputation for high quality offices in Commercial and Mixed-used developments, Healthcare, Custodial, Defence, and Education. Our award-winning projects include 52 Lime Street, 30 St Mary Axe, Bristol Schools, St Bartholomew and the Royal London Hospitals to name a few.
We are currently looking for a Health & Safety Advisor to provide guidance and coaching to Project Teams. The role will involve supporting multiple different projects on a when require basis to assist the resident H&S Managers
The purpose of this role is to provide functional Health & Safety advice, guidance and coaching to Project Teams.
This is a key position to support the Project H&S Manager / Director in establishing and maintaining the highest Health and Safety standards for the project. The role will involve supporting multiple different projects on a when require basis to assist the resident H&S Managers.
- Advise, guide and coach all personnel on the project with the implementation of the Health & Safety Management System (HSMS)
- Be responsible to the Project Manager / Director for maintaining the Health & Safety competence matrix
- Support the Project Manager / Director in the production, review and implementation of the Construction Phase Plan / Project Execution Plan
- Monitor the project, trade contractors, designers, suppliers and assisting the Procurement Team
- Liaise with trade contractors, designers, suppliers, client, enforcement agencies and other relevant parties
- Support the business to win work. When directed complete Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and tender enquiries.
We’re Looking for:
- Previous experience in relevant field of Construction (multi-storey large commercial and mixed use projects, schools etc)
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate
- Technician grade membership of IOSH (Tech IOSH) or above
- Working towards chartered membership of IOSH – CMIOSH (Desirable)
Please note, this will be roaming role that may occasionally require some overnight stays.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska
Please note this is an advert for our Job vacancy, and therefore may not be inclusive of all assigned duties, responsibilities, or aspects of the role described, and may be amended at anytime at the sole discretion of Skanska.
For a full role profile please contact firstname.lastname@example.org