HMP Forest Bank are currently recruiting for a Healthcare Administrator with previous administrative experience.
HMP Forest Bank serves the courts of Greater Manchester and maintains strong links to the local community with a focus on resettlement. We aim to deliver quality of life services and support people to change their lives for the better.
Opportunities for learning and developing work-ready skills are on offer for all who come in to custody, but our commitment to reducing reoffending in local communities does not end at the prison gate. We support people released from custody through innovative partnerships in substance misuse services in Bury and Oldham, working with people to maintain recovery and lead law-abiding lives.
As well as the 16 residential units on site, there is a healthcare centre, gym, library, workshop complex, visits hall, chaplaincy and kitchen. The prison's capacity stands at 1,460, holding adult men both on remand or sentenced and young prisoners between the ages of 18-21 years.
For more information on working in Justice within Sodexo please see Careers in Justice Job Description
Benefits including 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays), pension, discounted health cover, subsidised gym membership, free meals on duty and free on-site parking.
Salary £18,938.63 per annum
37.5 hours per week Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Maintain all appropriate records including clinical information using SystmOne and office based systems i.e. Excel databases, daily PNOMIS upload to clinical system
- Responsible for all administrative duties as required by the Manager, ensuring the function is run efficiently
- To work closely and co-operate with colleagues as information sharing is a necessity to ensure correct and precise data is passed on to relevant departments so that time lines are met
- Communicate effectively and professionally with GP's Healthcare professionals, colleagues and external organisations
- Manage both internal and external appointments - booking appointments into hospital diary, giving directions to clinical team where necessary, along with internal bookings on CMS
- Manage referral process of patients to hospitals - planned escorts
- To take accurate minutes of meetings when required, distributing timely - Clinical Governance and Medicines Management
- Management of internal and external Healthcare post
- Co-ordinate policy management on SystmOne
- Manage, distribute and answer solicitors letters and internal complaints - ensuring all complaints are responded to within their deadline in line with the NHS Confidential Complaints Policy
- Setting up new starters, providing training where necessary and changing passwords
- Auditing and maintaining data on patient attendances for both internal and external Healthcare appointments
- Attend any training as and when required.
- Management information provided accurately and within specified deadlines in order to meet KPTs
- Ad-hoc duties as and when directed by Practice Manager and Head of Healthcare
- Experience working in a similar environment or role
- Able to operate relevant IT applications especially excel
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Able to manage competing work priorities
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A Healthcare back ground (but not essential)
- SystemOne experience and user trained
About The Company
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.