Purpose of the Position
To deliver a high-quality training programme and complete assessments, reviews and completions in a timely manner as set by management, achieving or exceeding the required quality standards. To support all elements of the learner journey, providing participants with constructive, professional and relevant feedback for them to gain the Diploma and full L3 Apprenticeship standard of Senior Healthcare Support Worker. Ensuring learners are supported and prepared for gateway and End Point Assessment within the required timelines.
Core tasks and responsibilities
- Arrange visits/contact with learners and line managers to induct, observe, and progress learners in the workplace
- Within guidelines laid down by the awarding body and the customer, assess the work of learners in/at the virtual classroom/ workplace within set timeframes and to achieve targets set by management
- Provide constructive, professional, and relevant feedback to learners in relation to their qualification
- Observe learners in/at the workplace/ against criteria laid down by the awarding body and give feedback as appropriate
- Ensure own assessments are accurate and achieve verification.
- Carry out reviews with learners and line managers, submitting paperwork within agreed timescales
- Ensure that own allocated learners are progressing in line with their target achievement dates and liaise with the Programme Manager for the purpose of monitoring the progress of qualification/standards achievement.
- Promptly identify situations requiring periods of absence from the programme and complete/submit accurate paperwork as required
- Ensure that learner records are accurately maintained, including paper/electronic portfolios
- Complete visits to other sites and locations when required or as directed by management
- Maintain positive relations with learners, line managers, and all other stakeholders.
- Help participants to develop positive attitudes towards learning and studying
- Attend standardisation and team meetings as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time
- Maintain effective working relationships with each learner/line manager within your caseload
- Communicate effective with your line manager, highlighting any issues prior to becoming critical
- Maintain professional working relationships with all Pearson TQ customers, promoting a positive image of Pearson TQ
What to expect from Pearson
Did you know Pearson is one of the 10 most innovative education companies of 2022?
At Pearson, we add life to a lifetime of learning so everyone can realize the life they imagine. We do this by creating vibrant and enriching learning experiences designed for real-life impact. We are on a journey to be 100 percent digital to meet the changing needs of the global population by developing a new strategy with ambitious targets. To deliver on our strategic vision, we have five business divisions that are the foundation for the long-term growth of the company: Assessment & Qualifications, Virtual Learning, English Language Learning, Workforce Skills and Higher Education. Alongside these, we have our corporate divisions: Digital & Technology, Finance, Global Corporate Marketing & Communications, Human Resources, Legal, Strategy and Direct to Consumer. Learn more at We are Pearson.
We value the power of an inclusive culture and also a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to building a workplace where talent can learn, grow and thrive.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We want a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business need. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other group protected by law. We strive for a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, navigate to: Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Pearson.
If you are an individual with a disability and are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career site as a result of your disability, you may request reasonable accommodations by emailing email@example.com.
Note that the information you provide will stay confidential and will be stored securely. It will not be seen by those involved in making decisions as part of the recruitment process.
Job: LEARNING DELIVERY
Organization: Workforce Skills
Req ID: 13430