HCA | Theatre | Flexible rota | Southampton | Full Time | Band 2 equivalent
Spire Southampton Hospital are looking to recruit a Healthcare Assistant to join our fantastic Theatre team. You will work a range of shifts Monday – Friday covering 7.30am – 9pm and on average one Saturday per month
Spire Southampton provides a wide range of services including day care and inpatient and outpatient services. The main activity is elective (planned) surgery, and more complex procedures such as cardiac and spinal surgery are supported by the onsite critical care facilities. The hospital works in partnership with local NHS acute hospital trusts, for example in recent provision of robotic surgery, and there is a large refurbished outpatient department along with extensive diagnostic imaging services
Duties and responsibilities:
Working as part of our theatre team you will be providing a caring support service to our patients. This will include assisting the Nurses during procedures, transporting patients to and from theatres, opening sterile packs, checking instruments and ordering equipment.
Who we're looking for:
- Ideally you will have experience working within Theatres
- Experience working in a care capacity would be a benefit
- Someone who is happy working on our flexible rota
We offer employees a competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- 35 days annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Employer and employee contributory pension with flexible retirement options
- ‘Spire for you’ reward platform - discount and cashback for over 1000 retailers
- Free Bupa wellness screening
- Private medical insurance
- Life assurance
We commit to our employees well-being through work life balance, on-going development, support and reward.
Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group in the United Kingdom and the largest in terms of revenue. From 39 hospitals and 8 clinics across England, Wales and Scotland, Spire Healthcare provides diagnostics, inpatient, day case and outpatient care.
For us, it's more than just treating patients; it's about looking after people.