We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
To provide an efficient administrative service to the Heating Team, being responsible for the completion of compliance related services, certification and day to day repairs along with processing invoices and ensuring contractual compliance.
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
- Creating works orders for Responsive Repairs
- Liaising with Orbit teams and external contractors to facilitate necessary works
- Providing administrative service for Orbit's processes to ensure Gas , Oil, Solid Fuel and Renewable compliance works are completed in properties where customers are refusing access
- Processing invoices for responsive repairs including entering payment details into the computer system, ensuring compliance with contracts
- Processing and recording gas and alternative heating compliance invoices, ensuring compliance with contracts
- Monitoring and updating records relating to Gas and Renewable compliance functions
- General Administration
What you'll bring
- Educated to GCSE level or equivalent including English and Maths
- Any relevant NVQ or other similar qualification desirable - e.g. in Customer Service, word processing, RSA II or equivalent Business Administration
- Experience of carrying out administrative functions in a compliance setting
- PC skills and knowledge, conversant with all Microsoft packages and experience of working with databases
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.