We're building thriving communities as one of the UK's largest housing groups and a leading developer of affordable housing.
We believe everyone is entitled to a good home they can afford, in a place they are proud to live. More than 100,000 people live in our homes.
If you want to experience work that's truly rewarding, join us. Because when we achieve together, customers and communities thrive.
Work for Orbit. Believe in people.
To monitor & manage Responsive Repairs, Gas and alternative Compliance functions through effective contract management and improvement of Orbit policy and procedures. To be an ambassador in customer service delivery, cost conscious culture, contractor management and keeping our customer safe through compliance. To improve the customer service journey by identifying service improvements and to ensure Orbit has robust and auditable evidence of compliance with relevant legislation and company KPIs
This role is part of Customer & Communities where you'll help us to lead the way keeping our promise to more than 100,000 customers.
What you'll achieve
To assist the Operations Contract Manager (H+E) by:
- Controlling survey and/or servicing programmes for Gas , Oil, Solid Fuel and Renewable Delivery functions and ensuring quality of surveys provided by relevant service providers
- To fully investigate compliance related queries and provide audit trail of these investigations
- To assist in the research of Gas Compliance standards and best practice
- To ensure communication between various Orbit Departments and contractors results in a joined up approach to achieving targets
- To assist in the production of Heating delivery procedures/handbooks
- To ensure invoices and payment processes are compliant with contracts and agreed service levels
- To ensure data accuracy in line with auditor and contractor records
What you'll bring
- Contracts Operations experience directly with subcontractors in managing daily performance
- Experience of managing, construction, maintenance or repairs programmes or services
- Gas and alternative heating service delivery and compliance
- Contract Management experience to meet financial targets and KPI's
- Experience of working in a customer focused organisation
Choosing us means being rewarded in every sense.
Here's what you can expect to enjoy with us.
A rewarding experience that works for you
We strive to create an inclusive experience with benefits and wellbeing programmes designed to help you, and your loved ones, to thrive. For a better work life balance, we offer flexible working opportunities for many roles.
A place to progress
From training programmes to professional qualifications, we provide opportunities to learn and develop at every stage of your career. Whether you're a student, graduate or experienced professional we'll support you to grow.
For leaders, our tailored development journeys are designed to stretch and strengthen your leadership skills. As well as practical training, we give you access to renowned business schools and experiential programmes for greater breadth and depth of learning.
A purpose to feel proud of
We're proud to make a difference to people together. We're values-driven with a commercial focus on performance - because the more profit we make, the more we can achieve for people.
What brings us together is a passionate belief in progress and people.
Read more about the values and purpose that drive us on our careers website.
How we hire
We aim to make our hiring process simple and fair:
- Online application
- Decision and offer
We put the safeguarding of our customers, colleagues and contractors at the heart of everything we do and as such, certain roles will be subject to a DBS check.