HGV Driver - Milton Keynes
Location: 53a Colts Holm Road, Old Wolverton, Milton Keynes, MK12 5QD
Job type: Permanent, full-time
Working Hours/ Pattern: 45 per week, Monday to Friday, 6.45am to 16.45pm
Salary: £26,830.00 per annum
Would you like to join this friendly and hardworking team of 150 Refuse & Recycling staff delivering waste services across this established Milton Keynes council contract?
This really is an opportunity to use your HGV experience to really make a difference to the community.
What will you be doing?
- Ensuring the safe and effective transport of the refuse vehicles across the Milton Keynes area
- Transporting refuse ready for disposal and recycling
- Completing critical vehicle maintenance checks
- Safely transporting the teams with one of 50 collection vehicles
- Liaising with and assisting other hardworking team members
- Maintaining excellent customer service at all times
- Assist team members with the safe removal/loading of waste/recycling bins
- Be able to receive on-going training and development
This is a great and friendly team who have worked together for some time, no high staff turn over here!
What is essential?
- Cat C HGV License
- CPC License
- Willingness to complete both Driver and Loader duties
What is desirable?
- Previous waste/recycling experience
Meaningful and vital work: The nature of our business means you will do interesting work that matters - delivering essential services that touch people's lives
A world of opportunity: Our diverse UK-wide operations offer unrivalled opportunities to learn and develop. You'll be able to broaden your experience and apply your skills in new ways.
Great people: We are a motivated team who will encourage you and help you to succeed. You'll have the resources you need to do your job in a diverse and supportive environment.
What we offer
- Up to 6% contributory pension scheme
- Serco discounts which include cinema, merlin entertainment and online shopping discounts, cycle to work scheme and discounts on mobile phone plans and leisure centre memberships.
- Interesting, varied and enjoyable work
- A company that recognises your contribution
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application.
Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
*Google Chrome is the preferred browser to access Serco careers website*