We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To collect data relating to safety and future improvements so as to safeguard the travelling public, client and Amey, and assist the Senior Inspector in all activities relating to inspections, including the production of reports that meet specified requirements.
What will this role involve?
- Ensure accurate and effective collation of data
- Carry out inspections in accordance with the Well Maintained Highways Code of General Practice
- Ensure contract compliance on data quality management issues
- Develop timely and accurate reports Comply with the relevant health and safety legislation
- Communication with third party claims team to provide evidence in the defence of third party claims
- Assist with the establishment and implementation of a programme of inspections and investigations
- Assist with project administration as required Record time accurately in project control systems
- Attend court to assist with the rebuttal of claims against the Highway Authority
- Liaise with the OCR and staff to ensure planning, operations and works are completed on time
What are we looking for?
- Appropriate qualification to relevant trade with extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and Codes of Practice
- Appropriate legislative and compliance HSEA training
- Relevant Inspectors courses and qualifications, including defect identification, monitoring and recording
- Qualifications specifically defined by clients including Professional Membership where deemed appropriate
- Relevant processes and procedures
- IT Literate Knowledge of the network
- Excellent communication skills (verbal/written) and be able to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Good all round project management knowledge
- Self-Motivated Able to work alone and prioritise workload
- Able to work under pressure
- Personal Highway Safety (PHS) certified
- CSCS touch screen health and safety (minimum)
What makes this role unique?
You will be responsible for the collection of data relating to safety and future improvements so as to safeguard the travelling public, client and Amey.