We're all originals here and our individuality is an asset. We have unique backgrounds and personalities, which means we all bring different ideas to the table. But we do have one thing in common: we all take personal pride in our public service. With every drop of water and spark of electricity we supply, with every bolt we tighten and with every guiding golden nugget of advice, we better manage the services that we all use and rely on every day, ensuring every household in Britain benefits from our work.
Amey is one of the top five support services suppliers in the UK. We employ 16,000 people, have a turnover of £2.1bn and a strong forward order-book. Every household in Britain benefits from the work we do. We maintain the UK's road and rail infrastructure, keep schools safe and clean, manage the UK's defence estate, safely escort prisoners and keep prisons and courts secure. We also collect and process waste, as well as deliver utilities services. All of this is underpinned by our leading consulting capabilities which uses engineering design and data analytics to better manage the services we all use and rely on
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. Whether it's working on the biggest bridge in the country, learning to get to grips with the latest technology, or just working with a great group of people every day, you'll find what gets you out of bed in the morning at Amey.
What is the purpose of this role?
- To attend and manage incidents, pre-siting routine / reactive works, identifying issues in your area and recommending schemes, strong relationship with client traffic officers and inspectors.
What does this role involve?
- To carry out on site visits to gangs to ensure that the work is being done safely, to the required standards and in accordance with the work programme and to carry out HSEA site inspections in accordance with contract instructions. Provide any technical support to the gang as necessary
- Ensure that the gang accurately records all work carried out on their PDA so that accurate claims can be submitted to the Client and 'as built' details can be provided if required. Ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with CDM is applicable
- Brief the gangs via regular tool box talks and safety briefings, ensuring PPE is adhered to correctly and carry out depot safety and environmental inspections in accordance with the contract requirements
- Provide support to the QS team when required
- Ensure that the waste produced on site is correctly identified and disposed in the approved manner
- Prepare Duty Rota's for Winter service, Emergency call outs and for other occasions as required
- Ensure that the gangs have the SHARC permit and stats plans when required and that they are training in the use of Cat and Genny
- Engage supply chain when necessary and ensure that their work is done safely and to the required standard
- Arranging and processing overtime working and timesheets to Operations Manager in timely manner and ensure compliance with the SOM principals
- Ensure that employees accurately record their use of vibrating equipment to ensure HAVs audits and that this does not exceed the recommended levels
- Ensure all COSHH data is available for employee when needed
- Ensure that the gang is provided with the correct materials and traffic management for their work and that it is used in accordance with the specification, and with minimal waste
- In liaison with OCR ensure that employees are not programmed to work excessive hours which would be in contravention of the working time directive
- Liaise with OCR on employee availability to ensure correct matching of resources and work
- Ensure employees absences are correctly recorded on ESS/MSS including carrying out PDR reviews when required and manage performance
- Arrange training for employees as necessary and in accordance with the training matrix
- Interview prospective employees in conjunction with others
- Mentor employee and apprentices as required
What does this role require?
- Full UK Driving Licence preferably with LGV Class C
- NVQ level 2 or City and Guilds
- Competent user of Microsoft Office
- Understand client business, requirements, service needs and aspirations
- Good liaison and interpersonal skills
- Team management skills
- Customer relationship skills
- Commercial awareness
- Basic Programming
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Willingness to work outside in all conditions
- Participation in emergency and winter service delivery
- Availability for work at Nights and Weekends
- Self-motivated and proactive in delivering solutions
- Previous experience of Highways Maintenance contracts
- Experience with delivering Emergency service and winter service
- Experience of performance monitoring and continuous improvement
- Detailed operational knowledge and techniques required
- Experience of managing a workforce
- Experience of Chapter 8 and Traffic Management on High speed roads
- Team Management skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Required: Lantra 12AB Foreman qualification
- CDM Awareness
- Environmental Awareness Tool Box Talk
- 12D RTM Operative (Mod T1/T2)
- Personal Highways Safety
- Abrasive Wheels
- CAT Scanner (Highways)
- Medicals - Other
- NRSWA Supervisor
- Site Management Safety
- 4-on-4-off shift pattern, mix of nights and days
What makes this role unique?
Amey, a leading infrastructure, highways and public services provider, is looking for talent to join its growing team since securing the £180m, Area 12 Yorkshire and Humberside Maintenance and Response (M&R) contract by Highways England.
By taking a role at Amey, you'll be joining a team responsible for ensuring all routine and cyclic maintenance on the trunk roads and motorway network know as Area 12 which spans 1,650km of motorway, 476km of trunk road (dual), 179km of trunk road (single carriageway) and 1,963 structures.
Responsible for incident management, defect rectification and responding to severe weather, you will join a team that also oversees traffic management during incidents and the operation of the ten maintenance depots in the region.