A great opportunity to join our passionate Hospital Porters team on a permanent basis has become available to work within our busy healthcare setting.
In this role you will be required to be fully flexible with the shifts you can work and be available to work days, evening and nights to include being available to work at least every other weekend.
This role will suit a customer focused individual to join a world leading food and facilities management company, which can offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. Main Responsibilities
Responsible for the logistics within the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas throughout your shift with main duties to include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital including day care, A&E, theatres & ward areas using various modes of transport within agreed response times and standards
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Receive, record and prioritise job requests in line with agreed procedures.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Support medical staff during emergency situations to include major incidents to the arrival of the Air ambulance.
About The Company
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of high patient cares standards
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Previous experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.