As a ReceptionistHospital Porterdividuals who share our energy and passion and will contribute to our ongoing success.
You'll be working in a team full of fantastic people as a Hospital Porter. After all, who doesn't dream about coming into work, doing what they love and spending time with friends? Job Description
- £8.21 per hour and will increase to £8.31 after training is complete.
- The ideal candidate will have a fully flexible approach to their working week and will be available to work mornings, afternoons and nights. In return we can guarantee 35 hours per week.
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program. Main Responsibilities
Responsible for the logistics within the hospital this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas throughout your shift with main duties to include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Transportation and transfer of patients around the hospital including day care, A&E, theatres & ward areas using various modes of transport within agreed response times and standards
- Delivering medical gas cylinders, equipment, stores, furniture, pharmaceutical and pathology items.
- Taking blood samples, specimens and medication around the hospital in a timely and pleasant manner.
- To take linen, case notes and the removal and disposal of waste of which some duties can be heavy.
- Receive, record and prioritise job requests in line with agreed procedures.
- Transport the deceased to the mortuary
- Support medical staff during emergency situations to include major incidents to the arrival of the Air ambulance.
We'd love it if you had been a Hospital Porter before, but what matters to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn. About The Company
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.