Would you relish the opportunity to join a fun and diverse organisation within a unique, world renowned location? If so, we have a brilliant opportunity for a Hospitality Co-ordinator to join us here at Jockey Club Catering.
Levy UK is the name behind legendary experiences and powerful partnerships with the UK's most iconic and unique venues: from stadiums, conference centres, museums and galleries to heritage sites and performing arenas. With good, honest food at heart and service in our soul, we live and breathe hospitality and are proud to be working with these fantastic venues!
Reporting to the Hospitality Office Manager you will work as part of the Hospitality department completing associated administration and accounts support.
You will work with the Clients, General Managers and Head Chefs from Newmarket and Huntingdon Racecourses.
Operating and maintaining systems ensuring the highest standards of accurate and timely information to all as required. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £26,000 per annum plus study support
- 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Complete sales ledge invoicing for Newmarket, and Huntingdon, for both racing and events in a timely manner
- Communicate with clients by phone and in writing in respect of arrangements
- Liaising with the Head Chef's and General Manager's to devise menus and pricing
- Ensure office stationery is ordered and restocked when necessary
- Complete and distribute conference and event orders for Newmarket Racecourses
- To ensure the full and clear communication of all client requirements and expectations to operational team, in accordance with ISO9002 standards and company policy as directed by your Line Manager
- Support Hospitality Manager in the effective liaison with the prime client to ensure the continual development of the partnership
- Respond to the pace of the business in terms of speed of work and productivity
- Ensuring that accurate records are made, and details filed in accordance with company and unit procedure
- Complete a detailed conference and events forecast on a weekly basis and distribute as required
- Deal with queries and credit notes when required
Who you are:
You will be enthusiastic with a will to learn. Dealing with a wide range of people and remaining calm when working under pressure.
Excellent written ability, strong communication and organisation skills with the confidence to communicate at all levels.
Who we are:
- Self-starter with drive and ambition
- Ability to work to strict pressured deadlines
- Creative in thinking and approach
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- A can-do attitude
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.