An exciting opportunity to join our talented Housekeeping Team has become available at the prestigious Harley Street Clinic. We are currently recruiting for a full-time Housekeeping Assistant to help maintain the high standards of cleanliness and infection control at the facilities.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK's leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
This role is ideal for an individual with a caring nature and friendly attitude. Varied shift pattern working 5 out 7 days usually from either 7am till 3pm (early shift) or 12pm till 8pm (late shift). Job Description
More about the role:
- £9.18 per hour, 35 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Responsible for the cleaning standards within an assigned area of the hospital, this role will involve direct interaction with Patients and Medical staff on ward areas with responsibilities including:
Who you are:
- High and low dusting, mopping, wiping and scrubbing surfaces.
- Cleaning of wards, side rooms, toilets, showers and public areas.
- Ensure rubbish bins are maintained and removed when full.
- Ensure your assigned areas are kept clean, presentable and safe for Patients by following the required policies and procedures.
- Liaise with ward staff on a regular basis.
- Follow a cleaning schedule.
- Use and handle machinery in accordance with the role following all Health & Safety guidelines.
- Full training provided.
Who we are:
- Awareness of high cleaning standards and be able to complete documentation on a daily basis.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
- This position is subject to appropriate pre-employment checks including a Disclosure & Baring Service check (no cost to the applicant)
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
INSERT SECTOR STRAPLINE HERE
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.