Housekeeping Assistant (Part Time)
- Job Reference: HOT08CGW
- Date Posted: 21 June 2022
- Employer: Hilton
- Website: http://jobs.hilton.com
- Location: Croydon
- Salary: £10.00 Per Hour
- Sector: Hospitality & Tourism
- Job Type: Part Time
Looking to join a culture of excellence and be part of the most recognised name in the hospitality industry?
We are Hilton! We are Hospitality!
We create heartfelt experiences for our guests and meaningful opportunities for our Team Members. Achieving consistently the title of Great places to work, this is not just a job – we offer you a journey of self-discovery, growth and an exceptional career
• Working for the UK’s #1 Great Places to Work in hospitality
• Salary: £10.00 an hour – 30 hours a week
• Competitive salary with the London market, plus annual bonus structure
• Travel and food discounts with Hilton
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly to max 33)
• Pension scheme, discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Free uniforms & free meals on duty
• Grow your career
• Personal Development: programmes at all levels to support your career
• Team Celebrations – Regularly our teams get together to party and celebrate the amazing work we do
After undergoing a new refurbishment, Hilton London Croydon offers contemporary accommodation and a wealth of premium amenities.
The Hotel includes 168 contemporary guest rooms, 15 events meeting spaces, the lounge and Larder Restaurant, and gym. Our close proximity to the Croydon City centre makes it easy to explore all of the local attractions the area has to offer.
A Housekeeping Assistant is responsible for ensuring cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience while managing guest requests and replenishing guest amenities.
This is a part time opportunity working 30 hours a week on a rota basis from Monday - Sunday
What will I be doing?
As a Housekeeping Assistant, you are responsible for ensuring cleanliness of public areas to deliver an excellent Guest and Member experience. A Housekeeping Assistant will also be required to replace guest amenities and assist with guest requests. Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure cleanliness of public areas
• Clean guest bedrooms and bathrooms
• Vacuum rooms and corridors
• Change and replenish bed linen, towels and guest amenities in line with company guidelines
• Undertake regular deep cleaning tasks
• Restock and maintain trolley on daily basis
• Be environmentally aware
• Dispose of waste accordingly
• Carry out lost property procedures
• Manage guest requests in a timely and efficient manner
• Manage master keys in his/her possession
• Check public areas and toilets taking remedial action where necessary
• Comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
• Assist other departments wherever necessary and maintain good working relationships
What are we looking for?
A Housekeeping Assistant serving Hilton brands are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Positive attitude
• Good communication skills
• Committed to delivering a high level of customer service
• Excellent grooming standards
• Ability to work on their own or in teams
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Hotel experience
• Experience in a similar position
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!