Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you can make a real difference?
Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so then we would love to hear from you! A new opportunity has arisen for a Housekeeping Assistant to join the Medirest Family here at Royal Surrey County Hospital. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated team, who deliver outstanding services for patients and visitors. Main Responsibilities
As a Housekeeping Assistant you will play a vital role in Infection Control that is needed to keep the hospital operating and doing what it does best. Without our Housekeeping team, Royal Surrey County Hospital wouldn't be able to deliver its life changing medical services. So believe us when we say, this isn't just any old domestic job , this job is one with a difference.
Duties will include:
The Ideal Candidate
- Clean all floor surfaces using vacuuming, impregnated mopping system, revs, scrubbing machines, steam cleaners, wet mopping, polishing machines, and high-speed cleaning equipment
- Empty waste sacks and bins, following correct colour coded system and seal all bags using swan neck method and with security tape displaying the ward name.
- Clean internal glass partitions, mirrors, picture frames, doors and walls (to hand height only)
- Replenish toilet, soap, paper towel and toilet roll dispensers.
- Clean TV arms and box.
- Maintain carpet areas throughout the hospital, using carpet shampoo machine.
- Report to the Housekeeping Coordinator any repairs, obstructions and unusual incidents, including near misses.
- Be passionate and take pride in their work
- Flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Well organised
- A Can do' attitude.
- Excellent communication skills
- A team player
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team