Medirest is currently seeking a Housekeeping Manager to join our team in Cambridge at Addenbrooks Hospital on a 30 hour contract, Friday - Monday.
We are seeking an experienced Housekeeping Manager to join our team and oversee cleaning and patient feeding. This is a large, busy hospital and is one of the UKs largest training hospitals.
The chosen individual needs to be able to work in a fast paced, extremely busy environment. Engaging with the staff members on the NHS site and for Medirest.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Housekeeping Manager that is looking for a new challenge and broaden their skillset to get involved with HR needs too!
Looking for a new opportunity as a Unit manager? A step towards your new career? Or maybe you want to move up a level and take on more responsibility?
Look no further as we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, multi-talented and highly skilled Unit Manager to ensure the highest standards of service at all times. Job Description
- Competitive salary
- 30 hours per week, inclusive of Saturday and Sunday
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for:
The Ideal Candidate
- Assisting the Operations and Housekeeping Managers to ensure that all weekend work is being carried out to agreed SLAs
- Managing and developing all unit staff at the weekend
- Maintaining a healthy, safe and secure environment for staff to work in
- Ensure that the team is responsible for cleanliness and repair of all equipment
- Assist with HR duties such as sickness and absence, disciplinary and grievence
- Actively promote team work and team importance
We are seeking:
About The Company
- Experienced housekeeping professional
- Management experience - any experience in dealing with HR cases is a bonus but not a neccessity
- Professional mannerism
- Experience working in large, busy organisations
- Ability to build and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders
- Work in a professional manner at all times
- Excelling written and verbal communication skills
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.