Medirest have a fantastic opportunity for a experience Housekeeping Manager overseeing the cleaning operation at The Christie Hospital in Manchester.
The Housekeeping Manager will be responsible for the customer experience and reputation of Medirest by effectively managing the cleaning team, equipment, resources and third-party suppliers ensuring the housekeeping operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company standards & procedures What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £28.558 per annum
- 40 hours per week
- Based in Manchester
- Predominately Monday to Friday, some weekends may be required
- Shifts on a rota basis, flexible
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- To ensure the delivery and quality of the housekeeping operation is in accordance with the client service level agreement and company procedures
- To ensure the Compass policies, procedures and controlled documents are up to date and implemented correctly in your area including HSE & housekeeping service procedures
- To ensure the housekeeping team are engaged and managed effectively to achieve their performance targets and quality of cleaning standards.
- To ensure the right number of people, trained to the right skill level are in place to achieve the required housekeeping service
- To liaise with the client as appropriate seeking opportunities to improve the cleaning offer and enhance the reputation of the Medirest housekeeping service
- To manage the cleaning labour, equipment & resources budget for the contract in line with company targets
- To manage any third-party suppliers or contractors as required ensuring they meet or exceed the agreed service level agreements e.g. linen, pest control
- To maintain adequate stock levels of all consumables and supplies ensuring effective stock rotation and systems are in place to ensure the smooth running of the housekeeping operation
- To complete all required reports, timesheets and scheduled documentation ensuring all deadlines are met
- To manage customer complaints, compliments and feedback and keep the Medirest Signature helpdesk updated at all times
- To ensure all KPI targets are met - quality monitoring using audit tools and schedules provided
- To keep your team up to date with any new processes, policies and procedures issued through the client or Compass group and maintain records/evidence of this
Who we are:
- Knowledge of Health & Safety legislation including COSHH
- Good numerical and written skills
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent people management skills
- A minimum of 12 months experience managing a cleaning operation in a commercial environment
- IT literate
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- Compass Values
- Integrity - Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety - Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Can Do - Is flexible and takes initiative
- Passion - Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Responsibility - Takes ownership and doesn't leave things to others or say it's not my job'
- Teamwork - Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.