People are the most important asset of Durham University and our HR Department is pivotal in ensuring that we attract, recruit, develop, reward and retain the very best talent from across the world into our University community. Building on our bold and ambitious University Strategy, a key role of HR is to secure the University's strategic aim, 'to be a world leading employer' by ensuring that our staff can reach their full potential. The HR Department plays a lead role in creating a working environment for our staff (and potential staff) which is supportive, stimulating and informative which provides for creative and innovative employment practices and opportunities. Our aim is to make sure that Durham University is a great place to work.
The HROD Department are introducing an administrative support team to both the HR Business Partnering team and the OD team to assist in providing a high level professional HR Service to the University.
- Oversee a workforce which can effectively and efficiently deliver the University Strategy;
- Attract, retain and reward the very best talent for every role in the University;
- Develop colleagues at every level to ensure that staff are supported to realise their potential and understand their contribution to the University's goals;
- Make sure that the University has an increasingly diverse workforce and that all staff are demonstrably valued, engaged and treated equally and fairly; and
- Promote the well-being of all of our workforce.
The purposes of the role are to provide effective, efficient and timely administrative support to the training and organisational development team; helping to ensure that the right people are in the right place and the right time; providing the first point of contact for enquiries about development, learning and organisation development and triaging the enquiry to the appropriate person. The over-riding purpose is to provide focussed administrative support to enable the team to function at its highest level.