We are looking for 2 HR Advisors to join our dedicated COVID 19 Test Centres team on a 12 months fixed term contract to provide remote HR support for a multi-site operation. The work will involve providing ER support to Test Centre Channels - RTS,LTS, MTU, Mass Testing, etc, here you can really make a difference.
In this role you will be responsible for providing an effective, efficient and professional support and advice service to the operational management team. You will support Line Managers with full case management and administrative support on ER issues including suspensions, investigations, disciplinary, grievance and absence. This is the ideal role for someone who is wanting to expand their knowledge within HR and gain invaluable experience. Relevant experience is essential.
To be successful in this role you will have strong working knowledge of current employment legislation and excellent customer service and communication skills to provide a responsive and customer centred approach to service delivery.
Sodexo has been working alongside the Department for Health and Social Care and its NHS test and trace team since early 2020 when the pandemic first emerged. We now run over 150 test centres across the UK, delivering with certainty. Package Description
£27,000 + great benefits
Location: Home based
12 month fixed term contract
Work Pattern - 40hrs pw Monday to Friday
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more!
- Provision of ER Guidance & Support in line with current legislation & Sodexo policy
- Administration of ER & Absence Management related activities
- Monthly reporting or HR activity within Test Centres
- Support line managers remotely with general advice, ensuring all advice complies with legislation and is in line with Company/ Segment specific policies and processes
- Provide guidance and practical advice to line managers on how to manage formal and informal ER issues in line with the Company policy, where necessary escalate any serious or final stage ER issues to HRBP.
- Undertake ER administrative activities required to support ER case management, including Invite & Outcome Letters and related documentation.
- Co-ordinate the sickness absence procedure using Sodexo policy as appropriate, working with Operational Managers to identify and manage their short and long term sickness cases.
- Undertake Absence Management administrative activities required to support Absence case management, including Welfare Invite & Outcome Letters and related documentation.
- Preparation & distribution of monthly Absence Report to Operational Managers
- Ensure line managers are clear on how to conduct meetings, including advice on meeting preparation and how meetings should be chaired and concluded.
- Maintain Test Centre ER Tracker ensuring all necessary information has been captured to enable accurate and up to date reporting of trends and costs.
- Proactively monitor Test Centre ER tracker to ensure cases are prioritised, escalated where necessary and support is provided to Managers as soon as possible, with breaches communicated to HRBP.
- Support Operational Teams with pay queries and case managing queries related to Maternity, Paternity, Long Term Sickness and Flexible working.
- Provide Sodexo Legal & HRBP with case file coordination relevant to Early Conciliations & Employment Tribunals, within agreed timeframes
- Preparation of monthly HR report (statistics and returns) for DHSC Reporting and other information as requested
- Keep up to date with legislative changes, segment specific knowledge and operational requirements which influence ER issues
- Provide hands on support to other Test Centre People Teams (L&D & Resourcing) when required e.g.during absences, peak times and on ad hoc projects
- Ensure all information is maintained and secure, complying with obligations under the Data Protection Act and segment specific requirements
The Ideal Candidate
- Able to provide remote ER support for a multi-site operation
- Experience of providing HR advice in line with relevant policies and legislation
- Well organised with the ability to plan, prioritise and manage high volume of case work and queries to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to write a clear, understandable and concise manner
- Accurate data entry skills with excellent attention to detail and able to meet deadlines under pressure
- Understanding of customer requirements and is able to take ownership of problems/issues and recommend
- practical HR solutions
- Pro active and practical approach to problem solving ensuring a positive outcome
- Strong working knowledge of current employment legislation and its application in the workplace
- Understanding of regulatory bodies, governing policies and their impact to ER issues
- Experience of unionised environments, settlement agreements and Employment Tribunals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programmes
- CIPD qualified or working towards
About The Company
- Experience of working within a Healthcare environment
- Experience and understanding of restructuring, mobilisation, M&A, TUPE transfers etc
- Understanding of HR systems/technology / SAP HR / CRM
- Experience of Payroll
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs around 30,000 people, and partners with clients in many sectors across business and industry; schools and universities; sports and leisure; energy and resources; government and agencies; healthcare; justice and defence.
Sodexo's connected; people-centric approach brings together a diverse range of expertise. The breadth of services it offers ranges from food and hospitality; cleaning; reception; concierge ( Circles ); security; property management and technical services through to data driven workplace strategy and design ( Wx ); employee engagement and recognition services ( Sodexo Engage ) and personal home services through Prestige Nursing + Care and the Good Care Group.
Vital Spaces is Sodexo's value proposition that puts people at the heart of everything we do, bringing together services and solutions and focusing on the productivity and wellbeing of people wherever they are.
Sodexo is committed to being an inclusive employer; we welcome and encourage applications from people with a diverse variety of experiences, backgrounds and identities.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process. Keywords:
HR, Human resources, ER, Employee relations