HR Business Partner
Serco Health - The Barts NHS Health Trust
Up to 12 Month Fixed Term Contract
Highly Competitive Salary
East London with Travel to sites across the trust
In the Bart's Health NHS Trust there are a group of five hospitals have been working together since 2012. They are internationally known for our excellence and innovation, and each of our hospitals celebrates a rich and varied history. The trust is very proud of the part the hospitals have played in improving lives for people in East London over hundreds of years, and in their ability to overcome challenges, coming out stronger and continuing to improve.
Serco provide back office support services for the hospitals across the trust which include a variety of Soft and Hard FM Services including Catering, Cleaning, Maintenance and Portering. This role will be based at one of our sites and will work with the operational management team.
This role will work 37hrs per week
This role will report into the Regional Senior HR Business Partner, with a dotted line' responsibility to the Contract Director.
- Adopt a collaborative and coaching approach with the management team(s), to drive a culture of management ownership of people, plans and goals
- Provide commercial, pragmatic and proactive HR solutions to support the business
- Implement and contribute to continual HR improvement and innovation, ensuring the business is recognised for developing and delivering excellent people practices and our customers and partners understand Serco's employer brand
- Work in partnership with the divisional HR Centres of Excellence and the HR Shared Services, develop and implement the people management strategy
- Take both a strategic and hands on approach to provide HR expertise in the areas of talent acquisition and retention, transformational and organisational change, employee engagement, performance management and development, reward and recognition, talent management, employee relations, coaching and development
- Lead the development of excellent employee relations through building positive relationships with trade unions and staff representatives at a local/contract level.
To succeed in this highly visible role you will be an experienced HR Business Partner, used to working with operational management teams. You will naturally want to do the right thing whilst maintaining a level of commerciality and will be most at home in a busy fast paced environment, where no day will be the same. You will demonstrate strong people management and relationship building skills and be effective in engaging the people agenda at an operational level.
You will have solid all- round HR knowledge and will be able to create a credible HR solution to solve most scenarios, having worked with both Unions and operational team bought together through TUPE or Acquisitions a distinct advantage. You will also need to be a fixer/problem solver, who is comfortable with working with ambiguity from time to time and prepared to get hands on and practical when needed.
Experience in a healthcare environment would be a strong advantage but not essential.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).