Remuneration + benefits:
- Competitive, dependent on experience
- 28 days holidays (including bank holidays) plus long service holidays after one year
- Free parking
- Subsidised gym membership
Part time: flexible hours, 20 – 25 hours per week
BFCitC facilities: Leisure Box, Brierfield, Whitehough Outdoor Centre, Barley, Community Kitchen, Charter Walk Shopping Centre, Burnley
Friday 29th October 2021 @ 9am. However, should an adequate number of applications be received prior to the closing date, Burnley FC reserve right to remove this advert.
Burnley FC in the Community (BFCitC) is the award-winning, official charity of Burnley Football Club.
We work hard every day to deliver our mission to inspire, support and deliver change to communities across Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, the Ribble Valley and West Yorkshire.
We work with over 70 local, regional and national partners in four key areas: Football Development, Education and Employability, Community Welfare and Inclusion and Community Facilities. Our highly skilled, dynamic and passionate team now deliver over 50 community projects that touch the lives of a huge spectrum of people in and around Burnley. From children and young people right through to senior citizens.
Day-by-day the outreach of our work is growing and along with our brand-new state of the art leisure facility - Leisure Box, Whitehough Outdoor Activity Centre and UCFB at Turf Moor; truly exciting things are happening at Burnley FC in the Community.
We believe in the immense power of our football club to transform people’s lives for the better. We believe Burnley and Pendle is a special place – a home to extraordinary people like you. Come and be part of our story!
We are recruiting to the role of HR Officer.
Working closely alongside our existing HR Officer and the Club’s HR team, the successful candidate will be empathetic, assertive and organised with experience of working in a similar role.
Reporting to the Head of HR (BFC) and Head of Governance and Operation (BFCitC), the HR Officer will be expected to:
- Act as the first point of contact for all BFCitC Facilities HR queries, acting in a polite and upbeat manner, providing a high level of customer service, and dealing with enquiries or taking messages as appropriate.
- Provide confidential support and advice to staff and line managers independently and under supervision to ensure that the Charity is fully compliant.
- Produce all HR-related documentation.
- Oversee the recruitment and onboarding process of all BFCitC facilities.
- Identify, recommend and implement relevant CPD opportunities for all staff.
- Responsibility for the upkeep and data input of the Charity’s HR systems, ensuring that HR files are up to date.
- Support the charity with HR matters relating to Equality and Safeguarding.
- Liaise with team leaders to ensure all sickness and absence is appropriately reported and recorded.
- Liaise with Burnley Football Club’s HR team to:
- ensure all documentation is aligned with the Club’s HR department
- ensure all policies and procedures are aligned and up to date.
- Promote the Burnley Football Club in the Community and Burnley Football Club brand and ethos in a professional, strong, and positive manner.
- Understand and implement the Club’s Safeguarding policy, procedures, and best practice guidelines in your role. To use this understanding to ensure safe working practices, appropriate reporting of concerns and contribute positively to a safe environment.
- Hold a commitment to equality and diversity in the workplace and a willingness to undertake all relevant equality and diversity training.
An ideal candidate will have;
- CIPD Level 3 Foundation Certificate in People Practice or comparable HR experience.
- Experience of recruiting and onboarding staff.
- An understanding of HR legislation.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced office environment.
- The ability to be totally discrete with confidential information.
- No prejudice when working with others.
- CIPD Level 5 Associate Diploma in People Management or the willingness to work towards it now or in the future (supported by the Charity).
- Experience of writing policies and procedures.
Please apply by downloading and completing the job application form which can be found on the BFC in the Community website (alternative format available upon request). BFCitC no longer accept CV’s.
Burnley FC in the Community is committed to safeguarding children and young people and is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced Criminal Record Check (DBS) which will be paid for by the employer.
*Please note that due to the number of applications we receive, only candidates selected for interview will be notified.